Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ika 9 ng Enero 2009: Those Alley Cats......

The morning wasn't so good as one of our cockatiels, my favorite lutino, was bitten by a neighborhood cat. These bully cats have been victimizing our pets for some time now. One of hubby's beloved personata love birds was also snatched and killed by some cats. A number of our japanese chickens and chicks were eaten by these cats. The last Japanese chicken killed was a mother hen ssitting on her eggs..... really terrible. My son was so mad at the cats for these atrocities.

One of our dogs, Quita, is the designated guard dog. So far, she has done a wonderful job. But the garage work disturbs the usual arrangement of the bird cages and the coackatiel cages was beyond the reach of Quita. I hope the work will be finished soon so as we can put all the cages in their proper places. I hope too the homeowners association does something about stray cats. They have an ordinance for stray dogs. They can do something about these cats who are equally atrocious to pets. We lost a number of our pets to both stray dogs and cats. I wish pet owners would exercise responsible pet ownership too and not allow their pets to freely roam around. Better yet, have them spayed/neutered to control their population.

We tried to save the bird. She/he is still alive but seriously wounded. I don't know of any bird vet nearby. My helper and I nursed him. We got the bird out of the bigger cage and put medication on the wound. I tried feeding the poor bird. She/he was taking some bird seed I gave her. I put her him/her in a smaller cage inside the house. The bird was drinking water. I hope the poor creature makes it. I left instruction with the helper to check on the bird and feed him/her.

I left the house after things are settled. Fortunately, our boy helper came to the house even if it is his rest day to buy additional cement needed by the workers. He is going to Quiapo to celebrate the Feast of the Black Nazarene which he does yearly. Vice President Noli De Castro is one of the popular devotees of the Black Nazarene.

Don't just make a living, design a life.
. With a gloomy weather, I will try to do that......

PS: Magaan na ang pakiramdam ko na sa tingin ko ay gawa ng pagkakamasahe sa amin nung isang araw. Masakit nung una pero ngayon nawala na yun sakit. Natutuwa rin ako na nasiyahan sa pagpapa-spa namin yun mga kaibigan ko. Yun isa sa kanila noon pa lang nakasubok magpa-spa. Sarap ng pakiramdam. Dahil sa ginhawang naramdaman gusto nila na maulit uli ang aming pagpapa-spa. Kelan kaya ulit?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites