Friday, January 9, 2009

Ika 10 ng Enero 2009: Fixing a Sticky Situation.

Brainchild's break.......

Saturdays are crazy days for me as there's ambivalence between wanting to do a lot and just idling time away. The mom in me though always wins and I end up more exhausted than I intended to on what is supposed to be my rest day..... hayyyy....

The iron work contractor is on the finishing touches of their work. There was a little accident. Our pergola crashed. a worker of the iron work contractor stood on top of it yesterday as they were installing the frame for the tegula atop the small gate. The vine bearing yellow flowers are now wounded on the fence.......... the hanging plants are all over the place. Easily, it's the contractor responsibility to replace it. The worker was telling me the wood is old and rotten. Yeah, but why would he stand on top of it! Our contractor, an kind old man who treats me nicely, is somebody I could not get angry with. How could I tell him that it's his responsibility to replace it as his worker destroyed the pergola and my plants! I need to exercise tact and diplomacy dealing with this sticky situation..... there are still some work to be done after all and I cannot sacrifice a good relationship with someone like him. However, I also feel strongly about owning responsibility. Had I been in his situation, I would take the responsibility. The thing is I am usually the one who deals with this situation being the most assertive individual in this house. I hate always being the designated situation fixer.

The tiling and stone laying work is still ongoing. Again, they used up all the pebbles and I have to run to the store another time. I can't believe we would spend this much for paving the garage and beautifying the facade....way too much. There are still some work to do. I need to run to the shops later today.

The dogs need bathing as I will arrange for vet's appointment tomorrow...... and they should be clean by then. I need a replacement for the lutino cockatiel which died yesterday afternoon. That is to ease my bruised soul. I felt bad seeing the dead bird when I arrived last night. Lutino cockatiels look so vibrant they are a joy to watch.

Middle daughter's classmates are working here today on their geometry project. We need to prepare a good lunch for five growing teens.

I need to go now as tasks are waiting for me.

PS: Salamat at umaraw ngayon. Maraming magagawa pag maaraw. Pati mga ibon parang tuwang tuwa sa magandang panahon.... napupuno ng huni ang buong kabahayan.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites