Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ika 14 ng Enero 2009: Missed

While the US is battling a bitter winter, I like the weather here, cool and crisp. It is nice to see people wearing jackets, cardigans, and blazers for its appropriate use. I used a jacket I have not worn yet but have been hanging in my cabinet for a long time now. I think I look good in a jacket..... quite unfortunate because I couldn't really use a jacket all the time. I notice I get complemented a lot whenever I am wearing a jacket, windbreaker, cardigan, blazer, shawl, or poncho. I also love dressing up when the weather is cool. In hot weather, I don't care about what I wear, I look for comfort.

I tried to make a repeat of yesterday's effort. Everything was a breeze. I was actually trying to beat yesterday's time but ended up going out of the house about the same time. At the terminal, a van was waiting to be filled up. I was among the first riders. Then, I noticed the driver, a middle aged man....... He is one of the maybe two drivers in their pool who is qualified to be a funeral car driver on duty....... drats, so much for hoping. I tried to sleep but got this text message from a colleague and I had to text back. The traffic was moving well. But why must he be stopped at every stop light!!! By the time we were in Ayala Avenue, I was looking at my watch and there was like 20 minutes before I am late. I kept my hopes high. Then we encountered this traffic at the last street. I get off at the end of that street. There were only three of us and he didn't bother to ask where we are getting off. He could have avoided that jam as there was an alternative route. But he seemed happy and relaxed going through that traffic..... and all of us got off at the end of that street..... drats, drats, and more drats......

I missed my target. I was late by 7 minutes today.

PS: Kagabi sinundo ng asawa ko ang pangalawang anak ko galing sa practice ng cheerleading. Pauwi na rin ako kaya nagtext ako kung nasaan sila para hintayin na ako. Text ng text ang anak ko at marami daw siyang homework. Malapit na rin naman ako. Pag dating ko sa hintayan, pasok ako sa kotse. Usap kami ng normal. Maya-maya me narinig ako ibang boses. Me kasama palang kaklase yun anak ko. Aba at ang pinag-uusapan yun mga boys at crush nila. Nanahimik na ako na at nakinig na lang..... Hindi rin mahiyain yun kaklase ng anak ko at patuloy pa rin ang diskusyon nila sa boys. Naalala ko pa parang di bumati sa kin pag pasok ko kotse.

Habang umaandar di na kami masyadong nagsalita ng asawa ko at nakinig na lang ako talaga. Sa village din namin nakatira yun kaklase ng anak ko kaya hinatid na namin ito sa bahay. Pag baba sinita ko yun anak ko na.... na hindi man lang bumati sa kin yun kaklase niya. Mali naman pala ako kasi bumati.... di ko narinig. Katwiran ko nagsalita kasi ang tatay niya. Pinuna ko na panay crush at boys lang pinag-usapan nila. Di na kumibo yun anak ko...... Masyado yata ako makaluma........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites