Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ika 4 ng Enero 2009: Getting Down

Brainchild's break......

The clean up continues and I am not feeling well..... I was so tired from yesterday's clean-up. But then, I have resolved to finish cleaning up today so next weekend will be free. The last difficult task is dismantling the Christmas tree and all Christmas decors. I must admit that I find this task boring. But I am the only one who can do this to ensure that putting up the decors next year would be a breeze. I am the only one familiar with what goes in what package and the storage system.

It was almost lunchtime by the time I was ready to start with the task. I was determined and focused. It was hard especially with my back aching and my runny nose. Luckily, I got assistance from our boy helper who helped me dismantle and keep the Christmas tree and carry all the packages to the attic which is the storage area.

I took a bath after this task. I have been egging hubby into trying with me the spa in the village which offers ventosa, a heat treatment applied on the back to suck out toxins from the body. He wasn't answering so I thought he wasn't interested.

Then task beckoned again as I need to go to the hardware. When I got back hubby and my eldest daughter were on their way to the mall. I tagged along because I wanted to look at stuff I need but do not know exactly what these are. My daughter will go to her driving school to arrange to get a driver's license tomorrow. I went my way and proceeded to the linen section looking for some curtains and other stuff. Then, I went to the hardware section as I took notice of a water heater on sale which I have been wanting to buy for my bathroom. A sales clerk assisted me but was not really explaining the merits of the brand I have chosen and was instead pushing another brand. I told him I made up my mind on the brand. He tried to explain but would go back to convince me on the merits of the other brand. Hubby called me and I told him to proceed t the hardware section. I let hubby talked to the sales clerk. By the time they were done talking hubby was irritated with the sales clerk for giving wrong information.

We decided to go to Ace Hardware to check if they have the same water heater on sale. We were assisted by a sales clerk once again but this time he is more knowledgeable giving straightforward answers and options without trying to hardsell. We ended up asking him to give us a home visit to survey our requirements which might extend beyond the water heater. We took snack at Red Ribbon taking advantage of hubby's free coupons before going home. On the way home, I tried to convince hubby to try the ventosa treatment at the spa. He told me it was late. He said that he took a bath and put on his spa outfit in preparation for the spa treatment but I kept doing chores. I said it closes at 10pm. We dropped my eldest daughter home and went to the spa. But it was close by the time we reached it....... I haven't given up yet so I told hubby to go back to the mall. He was arguing that the mall closes at 9pm. I said 10pm. He relented but kept on dashing my hopes. We reached the mall and went to the first spa but we could no longer be accommodated as the masseuses were all engaged. We went to two more spas which were closed. I couldn't convince hubby anymore to try spa in other locations. We went home. I was disappointed and aching all over. We had dinner. I went to bed and applied all body rubs that I have and put on the air revitalizer to feel better........

Tomorrow, work beckons......

PS: Parang ang dali ng bakasyon. Mga sampung araw din yun at akala ko marami akong magagawa pero dumaan lang ng ganon ang mga araw. Natapos nang ganon lang at parang walang nangyari....... Kelan ba ulit ang mahabang bakasyon?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites