Monday, January 19, 2009

Ika 20 ng Enero 2009: Breaking Traditions


The air is abuzz with the Obama inauguration today. To those who want to go to the event, reports have it that tickets are being sold online for as much as $40,000 and demand for tickets is unprecedented. Hotels are also filling up. Gosh, those money could feed a hungry nation. As I was watching Good Morning America this morning while preparing for work, it was reported that Virginia businessman Earl W. Stafford and his nonprofit foundation, which together paid more than $1.6 million so people who otherwise might have been excluded from the festivities would get a chance to celebrate.

I have never seen this much excitement over presidential inauguration.... Perhaps, I was either too young or too jaded to care about such an event. But now, it's seems my interest and those of others are real. But I guess I don't have to attend the event to become involved. First of all, I don't have the proper travel documents. I don't even have the money for the plane fare and hotel.........much less the ticket. And geez, I am not even invited...... Perhaps, I am destined not to meet President Obama in this lifetime........ next lifetime maybe if I get good karma and not reborn a rat or a worm.......

Media is once again all agog about the all too important question on the inauguration. The big question is what would FL Michelle wear to the inauguration?...... OMG, that is truly mind boggling....... There goes our preoccupation with the trivial. I honestly want to hear what President Obama has to say about can be expected from his presidency but more importantly, I want to see what he will do when the klieg lights have dimmed. I would like to see his inaugural as one which breaks old habits and brings in new traditions ushering in a period of renewal that makes us all hope again. Everybody is watching......

On this day I came to the office hoping that racism and oppression will be a thing of the past......Oh, my boss is here and I have to prepare coffee.......

PS: Me problema pa yun nabili namin na pressurized tank ng kapatid ko..... sumisingaw. Ibig sabihin babalik pa ako Raon niyan....@#$%^^&*()&*%^$ Makikipagsiksikan na naman sa madla at makakabili na naman ng kung ano anong bagay..... Matetesting na naman ang pagmamaneho ko sa pagitan ng kalye na punong puno ng tao at sasakyan at di mo na alam kung saan ka lulugar. Ayaw na ayaw ko nagmamaneho dun, parang kinakabahan ako lagi..... eto at kailangan bumalik.... hay...

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites