Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ika 15 ng Enero 2009: Headstrong

Apparently, today is the first day of implementation of the fixed flexitime system (what's that!) in the office...... it used to be just flexitime. At a time when extreme traffic was eating up the lives of workers going to and from work (that was in the mid 90s when the Skyway was being constructed), the government decided to adopt a system of flexible working hours for government employees that is most suitable and convenient for as long as it will not prejudice the smooth and efficient delivery of public service. That was more than ten years ago and we have gotten used to that system. But our Head is not quite pleased that people can report to the office at 10:00am...... ouch. So the management has to come up with a system that would suit his preference.

In the fixed flexitime system, we can no longer take advantage of the window beyond 9:00 am..... double ouch. After that, an employee is late. I could hardly make it to the 10:00 am homestretch. It wasn't like that before. I was used to a 9:00 to 9:30 am schedule. I even had a 7:30 am to 4:30 am schedule while I was working for a top official of this office....... and I can work overnight with nary a whimper if necessary and with the right motivation. So what happened to me? Quite a long story...... let's just say I don't have the right motivation in the current situation.......

Since I have not read anything on the new ruling, I guess I can still do my old ways with some behavior modification as decided early this week. Today on the first day of implementation of the new policy, I came in at 9:45 am...... so am I late or what? I guess not. In the absence of any information on a rule, there is no rule, right?

PS: Sarap talaga ng malamig na panahon..... ang sarap matulog. Lagi tuloy ako nauunahan gumising ng anak kong lalaki. Tuwing bababa ako kumakain na siya. Patapos na halos siya pag sinamahan ko siya sa hapag kainan. Dahil dito, bihira na kami mag-away sa umaga. Mabuti at hindi pa ako pinagagalitan..........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites