Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ika 19 ng Enero 2009: Chance Encounter

As expected, I am tired and sleepy today. Last night, I decided to file and organize our bills, a pending task since two weeks ago. I got so engrossed filing while watching Lamb for Lions that I went to bed at almost 1:00am. I feel accomplished after organizing the files. I still have to organize my remodelling receipts. That should take another weekend.

I also expected to go to work late because I had to buy additional materials and discussed the work with the workers. I had to discuss some more things with the painter and show them the color schemes I prefer for this finishing work. I am excited about the outcome of this final work on the facade. Even without the painting, I have been getting complements on the work done which is a really good execution of the design I have in mind. How I wish I have more funds to complete the look that I really like but I have reached my limit. I could enjoy doing this kind of work for a living. Too bad, I only realize my real work interest only now. I think I will be very proud of this design concept that I will post the actual picture of the facade when the work is done.

I met an old friend in the van going to work. We seldom see each other and everytime we do, he talks enthusiastically about his food cart business which seems to be taking off. I am glad about that. He is a former colleague in my first job. I would learn later that they put up a new company that directly competed with our former company due to their disillusion with our previous company, A US firm selling Yellow Pages. They got me there for a while with me just taking a leave of absence from my new office because I wasn't quite sure about the new venture. Like a David pitted against a Goliate, the business did not prosper. I was lucky I was able to go back to my office..... but they lost money from that venture. My friend suffered a lot and I have seen the consequences of that business decision on him because we live in the same village ... some of his children stopped schooling, he lost his car......... and he's got this appearance of a door-to-door salesman down on his luck who can't make a sale as he peddled one business idea after another. But he has a heart that never tires and gives up and always have a smile despite his adversities. I am glad he never gave up and I am glad he is on his way to something good after a very long time.......

Having missed so much of the morning, I decided to meet my friend and have an early lunch and report to the office by lunchtime. My friend is back to our old office from a reassignment. It's nice to pay the old colleagues a surprise visit. I was in this office for more than 15 years and we have seen the important milestone in each other's life. Like before, there is no pretense as we can be who we are no matter what we are in life after all these years.

Finally I am here at the office.......How I wish the day is over so I could go back to sleep......

PS: Pinirmahan ko na ang report card ng anak ko para maibalik na sa kanyang guro. Nag-alala pa rin ako sa mababa niyang marka sa matematika at filipino. Sabi ng guro at nanapupuna ko rin namimili siya ng aralin na gusto niyang aralin. Pag hindi niya gusto, hindi niya talaga iintindihin. Pero pag gusto niya ang aralin gaya ng agham o sibika, madaling madali para sa kanya. Mahirap baguhin ito.... Nagkataon kailangan ng matimatika kahit na ano pang kahinatnan natin sa buhay na ito. Wala rin ako masyadong panahon matutukan siya sa pag-aaral. Kailangan kasi ang praktis sa pagsagot sa mga problema sa aralin na ito. Sana naman ay matutunan gustuhin ng anak ko ang aralin na ito....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites