Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ika 8 ng Enero 2009: Sudden Decision

It was a rainy Thursday. I woke up a little late. I was trying to listen to the familiar morning noises and it seems everything was fine. My son was taking his breakfast. I wanted to linger in bed a little longer. My sleep was disturbed when hubby who just arrived woke me up. I was in my son's bedroom as he woke up middle of the night and went to my room. I sensed he wanted company. I stayed with him until he went back to sleep. I was already in deep slumber when hubby woke me up. I went back to my bedroom walking like a zombie. I could hardly stay up and groped to the bathroom and to the bed. Sleep interrupted is rather hard on one's body system.

I was surprised that my middle daughter was still in her room when I woke up. She told me she would hitch with her Dad. She has not been riding with her bus this week. Yesterday, she was left by the bus after school as she had to practice for cheerleading. Concerned, I called her up to ask how she'd get home. Well what do you know, she was brought home by her classmate friend who is a boy..........hmmmmmmmmmm.

After everyone left, I was faced with the problem of lack of materials in the remodeling job. The workers can't work on the molding on the fence as it was raining. The alternative was to work on the garage floor but there was not enough materials. I was thinking about this as I was preparing for work. There were still other materials I have to source and buy. But I had to buy the pebbles for the garage floor first and foremost. I texted hubby to ask where he bought it. By this time, I decided not to report to work. Hubby hadn't answered so I called up his office. A lady said he was on leave.....huh! I went back to my room and checked my celfone for some messages. Hubby replied already. I texted that he was absent from the office. He said that he was attending a meeting nearby. I told him to just take a leave and we'll go to Cartimar later to buy pet supplies. He didn't reply.

I went out with our boy helper to buy the materials. We practically spent the whole morning looking for the decorative stone for the posts. But all outlets have issues that does not fit my requirement. One does nt have enough and had to call their source. When I was about to buy, I was told it would take three days to deliver. I held off and went to another outlet. This was even worse as it would take fifteen days to deliver. I backed off. I went to two more outlets and the stones don't match. I gave up. On the way home, I was craving for tuyo and sunny side up eggs. I love these breakfast food on rainy days. I actually enjoy this at lunch or dinnertime. I called my helper to ask her to cook me my food of choice. She said she fried some fish already. I was bent on having tuyo and egg and told her to cook these for me. She told me that hubby was home.

Reaching home, I had lunch with hubby. It turned out he made appointments with a supplier of bird rings when I told him to take a leave. I want to rest first before we leave for Cartimar so I went to my room to take a nap. When I woke up he was gone. I called him and he went to meet the bird ring supplier. He was on his way home.

We left as soon as he arrived home. I packed some snacks like we were going on a picnic. It's good to go places on days like this when everyone is in the office. Traffic is good. We reached Cartimar and there was instant adrenaline rush. For some reason, we always enjoy going there, looking around, and bargaining. We went our separate ways and would meet up in some stores. It was dark by the time we finished. We finally went home snooping around some more on the way to the car.

My middle daughter and son were having dinner when we arrived. I joined them while hubby took care of the things we bought. He bought a bird and fix him before joining us.

The garage floor is almost finished and it looks good. By weekend, things will probably clear up as work is being finished. I can't wait for the completion of this project.

PS: Inuubo pa ako at kailangan ko na yata ng ibang gamot maliban sa mga alternatibong medisina na iniinom at ginagawa ko. Sabagay hindi naman lumalala ang ubo ko. Kung makakapahinga lang ako gagaling ako talaga. Pero di ako makapahinga.... Paano kaya?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites