Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ika 21 ng Enero 2009: No Man's Land


I brought my car to the office today as I am going back to Raon later to return the defective pressurized tank...!@#%^&*())(&%$@#@!! Arrangement was made with my brother as I can't do it by my lonesome. Thank heavens for brothers who make life easy for me. I am actually the eldest in a brood of four. We have our own families now and live far from each other. A sister is now based in the US. One brother might leave again for the US this year and might settle there..... sigh..... that's one support system less for me. He was a McCain supporter. I was teasing him that his man lost and that should serve as some kind of an omen for him and that he shouldn't go...... Actually, I would just miss him and everything that he is to me. My son will also miss his son because they are like brothers. But I really feel that he and his family has to seek greener pasteur there.

It's been a long time since I drove to the office with my car. Traffic was moving and at some points it would slow down but it was ok. I wasn't my traffic freak self and was driving leisurely. I arrived at my office with enough time to spare......... but there was no parking. I slowly drove through the block and discovered that the vacant lots used for parking before now have structures. Oh boy, where should I park? This is why I don't like bringing my car. Looking for a parking space in Makati could prove to be a challenge. Our street is not even at the heart of the city. I made a U-turn before the end of the road ad was on my way to the other block when I read a sign in one building, "Pay Parking, M-F, visitors, tenants, delivery".......... Hmmmmmmmm....I am not any of those but decided to try my luck anyway. I inquired from the guard. He said there an available slot outside. Parking fee is P40 for the whole day. I said I'll take it.

I was about 3 minutes from being late because of the SCARCITY OF PARKING SLOT! Back to working now as I need to leave early to go to no man's land. This time, my brother will drive. I am in no position to wander in such chaos......

PS: Marami na naman sasakyan sa kalye dahil siguro mura na ulit ang gasolina. Kapansin pansin ito. Kasi nung panahon na mataas ang presyo ng mga produktong petrolyo. Sa Pasay mas mababa ang presyo ng gasolina kesa sa ibang lugar..... tatlong piso ang diperensiya. Kaya nung napadaan ako dun nung sabado nagpakarga ako ng full tank. Di na nakakatikim ng full tank ang kotse ko simula nung tumaas ang gasolina maliban kung me lakad kami na malayo. Dami nakapilang sasakyan. Kagabi napansin ko yun Shell na malapit sa amin na mababa na rin ang presyo. Mabuti naman...... magandang senyales ito ng epekto ng kompetisyon sa negosyo........ lalo na ang mga nagbebenta ng mga produktong petrolyo na pinapalakad na parang isang cartel.

Kung sa Amerika, ang Big 3 ay ang mga malalaking kumpanya ng kotse, dito naman ay ang mga kumpanya ng gasolina, Shell, Petron, at Caltex. Sa economics, complementary products ang dalawang ito na pag tumaas ang presyo ng isa ay tataas din yun isa. Kaya pag mataas ang presyo ng gasolina, mababa ang bentahan ng kotse. Kaya ngayon mababa ang presyo ng gasolina, maraming kotse sa kalye..... makes sense di ba?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites