Monday, January 12, 2009

Ika 13 ng Enero 2009: Turn a New Leaf


For a long time now, I have been coming to work late..... not really intentionally but there is really no motivation to come to work early. There's a lot of uncertainty in the office and I am waiting for some development on the mess here. Yesterday, I decided to mend my ways after much contemplation. Whatever the situation is, I am only to blame for my transgression.

Today, I took a conscious effort to go to work early.... not so early as that could be a false start..... just early enough not to be late. I have no problem waking up early. It is the home and pet chores which eat up my time. I had to start dropping some home duties and delegate these to my helpers. The reason we got a boy helper is to ease some of my and hubby's pet duties. I guess we have enough helping hands at home to free up my time. Maybe that's not my real reason...... I might just be stalling being in the office and using my home chores as an alibi.

I left early and was sure I would make it on time. I was in a relaxed pace. I slept the entire trip and woke up wanting more near my destination. At home, I can't extend my sleep much as I want to. I was right on time when I got off the van. I took a jeepney........ and that was when I encountered bad traffic. It took about 3 light changes before the jeepney passed through. I was looking at my watch the entire time while telling myself drats if I was going to be late again because of this traffic. On the third green light, the jeepney barely made it...... With head high, I clocked in proudly 9 minutes before being officially late.

Tomorrow I will try to beat my own time. I could have chosen a drastic change from my old habit but I am afraid I might kill people thinking I am a ghost if they see me at the office sooooooooo early. So let me take my sweet time in making a change.......

PS: Galing Canada, nasa Amerika na pala ang kaibigan kong si V....... dahil sa trabaho at pauwi na rin dito. Malungkot na naman siya at malayo na naman sa pamilya. Ang hirap ng kalagayan nila. Kailangan niyang kumayod para makaahon sila at di niya maiwan ang isang matatag na trabaho dito. Ilan kayang Pinoy ang nasa ganitong sitwasyon? Baligtad nga lang yun sa kaibigan ko kasi sa Canada na naninirahan yun anak at asawa niya habang dito siya nagtratrabaho na nagmigrate nung isang taon lang. Pero ganon din siguro yun lungkot na nararamdaman ng malayo sa isa't isa.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites