Monday, January 5, 2009

Ika 6 ng Enero 2009: Pondering

The news were not so good this morning. John Travolta's son, Jett, died. Eight people were buried in an avalanche as narrated by three survivors who left their lifelong friends to save their lives. The year is new and all these tragic news...... But then life goes on......

My facade and garage are beginning to look a lot better each day. The fountain in front was executed to my liking by our iron works contractor. I usually have the design in my head but I can't draw a picture. I describe the design to the contractor and closely monitor to ensure that the design I have in mind is followed. I am an engineer and had two years of drawing. I believe I am artistic too.... I can't explain why I couldn't draw. But I am getting excited about the outcome of this project.

It is still a drag to go to work especially when my mind is at home. I hope the weekend is here. The days at the office following the Christmas break are days to ponder where you have been in your work life and where you are headed. I am still unsettled after all these years of working. Will I ever be settled? I hope not..... because that would make life uninteresting. Then again, I don't know exactly where I am headed. It is possible that I will transfer to another office. I have been on the move for the past two years and a lot more has happened. I cannot imagine how my life will be shaped in the next few years. That is why I like to cross my bridge when I am at that point when there is no turning back.

I usually designate these days too as my organization days..... the time to declutter and throw or give out things and files that we no longer need. Even in life, we should take out our junk to start anew.

As I ponder over these things, my mind is also imagining my spa treatment with my two friends later. These stressed out friends who always complain about the inequities of life need some time out. That why I promised to treat them to the spa. Of course, I have vested interest too because I am in need of the treatment myself. But since I am frugal, I am trying to use my network and asked my good friend, a banker who has a spa owner for a client, to ask her client for some discount or added services. That should make our spa experience be worth its value.

This is what life is all about. Ora et Labora..... Work and pray... but if I may add........ let's put play in there .........

PS: Normal na lahat pagpasok ko kanina sa opisina. Pumunta na sa paroroonan lahat ng tao sa bahay. Matagal na naman ang hintayan ng shuttle service namin dahil sa traffic. Tapos na nga ang Pasko.....

3 comments:

yurkulmum said...

Work and pray everyday.... that's the Alma Matter song of Notre Dame High School.

yurkulmum said...

ooops, Alma Mater.

brainchild said...

Happy New Year! Ora et Labora is also the guiding principle of San Beda.....

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites