Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ika 17 ng Enero 2009: Whew

Brainchild's break.............

Another one of those days when I could hardly keep with the pace of my activities. In the morning, I hurriedly talked to the workers in the morning to discuss the remaining work. I don't know how much longer we can remodel the house. The funds are fast dwindling....... and there are still some work I want done. The iron work contractor also came to collect the balance of the payment for the work done and bring his quotation for a new job order......... I guess the skylight for the service area has to wait till the next windfall..... sigh.

Hubby and I with our eldest daughter and our four dogs rushed for the PTA at my son's school. We couldn't miss this one as we missed the second one. We dropped off my daughter at the bus terminal to meet up with her classmates for their trip to the venue of their initiation for an organization they were joining. I asked if this organization is a sorority in disguise. She said no.... It's one of the organizations in their medical school. Then, we dropped off the dogs at the vet's clinic for their grooming.

Finally, we were at the school almost at the end of the time period for the PTA. There was a parent talking to the teacher when we came in. Then, it was our turn..... I was anxious about what I would hear...... some good news and bad news.... some grades went down, some went up.... same old problem subjects, math and filipino.... on the behavior, his teacher noted a big development as my son is learning to associate and work with his classmate more and more. I actually noticed this too in his day-to-day routine to school. He is more mindful of his responsibilities.......... doing homework on his own.........keeping track of time so he is ready by the time Manong us Driver is here.........and being more aware of the things he needs for school albeit if he has to remind us he needs a long sleeves polo shirt which he doesn't have because he outgrew the old polo shirts, the night before when the shops are already closed and making me borrow from my good neighbor just before midnight. His teacher seemed to be fond of him even telling us that my son makes him smile with his thoughtful greetings as he waits for him before he comes to the classroom. He also said he is a critical thinker judging from the his manner of asking sensible questions.

The report card was given to my son's teacher at the resource school as they had to jointly guide him on math, my son's problem subject. We went to his resource teacher and again we talked. His teacher also noted the big improvement in my son but likewise was concerned about his problem subjects. I said that we will closely monitor him at home. We got the card and bade him goodbye. We were quite happy about what my son's performance and behavior.

We headed home and passed by the hardware to buy some stuff for the carpentry work. I was in a hurry as I was still meeting with my brother at Raon St. in busy Sta. Cruz to buy stuff at a bargain. The things I would do to get good bargain. For the uninitiated, Raon is the place to go for cheap electronic items. The surrounding areas are also sources of cheap stuffs from the simplest to the complex. My brother knows the place and could ably guide me where to go and more importantly park my car in tight spots. I was panicky when I reach the place because he was somewhere canvassing my needs and I was in the area, a no man's land. I double parked putting on my hazard lights. In a few minutes he was there and took over the wheel. He parked my vehicle and we went shopping. It really is a bargain paradise for various stuff.... but you should be willing to sweat it out and slug it out. We have done this before and there would be no problem doing it again.

I bought most of the things I need and eyed some other things I would buy when I make my comeback. I wanted to eat but my brother was fickle minded. He drove me to the main street and we were trying to find a place where we can park the car and eat. I thought of Som which some people have been raving about. It's a resto seling authentic Thai food along the street ala turo-turo reminiscent of food kiosk in Bangkok at cheap prices according to those who tried it. I like asking the servers what is their recommendation and she said curry, red or green. So we ordered that, Tom Yam, garlic shrimp, pad thai chicken, rice, and some Chai. We were hungry so we ate with gusto. I think we ordered too much as we were not able to eat the last dish, the pad thai and asked the server to just bag it along with the leftover curry to take out. We paid our bill and left. I dropped my brother off at the MRT station and headed home. Along the way, I called my middle daughter who texted that they finished their cheerleading practice. I told her I was on my way and will fetch her. They were eating at Jollibee and I picked her up there. Then, we pick up the dogs from the vet's clinic who all looked gorgeous with their new hair and were happy to see us. Finally, we were all going home.

We just arrived, exhausted and ready to drop dead.....

PS: Hay naku, di na naman kami nakasimba sa anticipated mass.... pahirapan na naman paggising bukas......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites