Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ika 11 ng Enero 2009: Insomnia

Brainchild's break.....

I had planned on going out early today to do all the tasks I set out to do and just stay home and rest after finishing these tasks. But of course, plans are almost always ruined due to many unforeseen events. The many products of innovation cause us to double, triple, multi-book activities to fit the little time that we have.

I wanted to go grocery shopping last night but hubby couldn't be bothered with his computer games. I wanted to finish as many chores as possible so as to free more time today. I know there are an avalanche of things to still do. But I guess people have different energy levels and working styles. I can work my butt to death to finish tasks . I can sacrifice present satisfaction in exchange for more gratification in the future. In economics this is called postponing gratification when one purchases capital goods while sacrificing consumption goods which will result in the production of more goods in the future. But as far as time is concerned what does one get when one postpone rest and relaxation in the present to do this later?

I guess none..... I might even get sick punishing myself by working to death. Maybe the satisfaction of never letting anything get in the way of rest..... but even this is not completely possible. Still, I feel a sense of fulfillment when I finish the tasks I set out to do. Maybe, that is my reward.

Last night, we were all in bed by 9:00pm because there were so many tasks we did not do. I was thinking cool. I can sleep before midnight. I turned on the TV and Blood Diamond was showing on HBO ..... the opening credits was being aired and I hurriedly did my evening ritual because I wanted to finally watch the whole film. But whoa, I took longer than I wanted to and missed the beginning of the movie for the nth time. I like this movie a lot but it always airs at a bad time for me. So I told myself I am going to watch it for the nth time..... this time without distraction. I was at least successful in this as I realized that there were portions in the parts that I watched that I also missed. At least, I was able to watch about 3/4 of the movie uninterrupted. My next goal will be to watch the film's start.

I switched to Star Movie after watching Blood Diamond and saw Silvester Stallone on a Rocky movie. I waited awhile to see which Rocky. Aside from the original, I watched a good number of the sequels. I couldn't keep track which ones. Oh, Rocky Balboa has put on some weight...... so this must be the last Rocky which I have not watched yet. On HBO is License to Wed, a Mandy Moore - Robin Williams movie. I have decided it's gonna be Rocky for me. So goodbye sleep..... or it will be delayed by at least two hours.

Rocky is also more glib in this Rocky movie compared to the Italian stallion who uttered monotonous boxer's lingo. In fact, he comes up with dialogues that could very be guiding principles in life. In a critical scene where his son was telling Rocky not to fight afraid of the mockery his son would get from a sure defeat, Rocky said "............ one always gets beaten up in life but it is moving on that matters......" or something to that effect. There were other defining moments in the movie. I was actually falling asleep in the beginning due to all the talking and it was quite dragging. But by the time the fight was announced, I was up. Well, the fight scenes look real. It was held in the Mandalay Bay. Who wouldn't know this venue when our own Manny Pacquiao always fights here. Even Mike Tyson made a cameo appearance.

I was fully awake during the fight scenes even docking in some scenes. Like in previous Rocky movies, our main protaganist is still the underdog who slugged it out despite the odds. The outcome is actually immaterial as Rocky would of course be the masses 'Champion' no matter what.

After the movie ended about 1:00am, I couldn't sleep anymore......... drats. I tossed and turned, cleared my thoughts, went to the bathroom a number of times, and still can't. I was thinking that I should be up early because I promised my middle daughter that I would bring her to her cheerleading practice at 7:00am, later that is...... That is a triple booking of tasks because I had to go to two shops in the same area to buy materials for the remodeling work. That should be quadruple booking as I also have to withdraw money from the bank.

I didn't know when I slept exactly or if I slept at all but I woke up as soon as my middle daughter was up and dressed up. We had breakfast first. The helpers were also up early as they also went to bed early. Soon, I was on the road. I dropped off my middle daughter to their practice venue and headed to the shops taking a short stop to the bank. I was thinking about passing by the hardware on the way back but my car was already loaded with materials. I went home.

Hubby, my son, and I then went to hear mass. We had lunch of rice and nilagang baka which is really soothing on a cold day like today. We were planning to go to the spa but my eldest daughter will meet up with friends for the birthday celebration of one of her friends. We went to the supermarket instead as the mall where the supermarket is located is their meeting place. We parted ways with my daughter and did our shopping. We went home afterwards. Hubby went to do one last chore. We are too beat up to to make other plans. We should really be going to bed early..... tomorrow is the start of another workweek.

PS: Sobrang lamig naman buong araw ngayon........... ang sarap maghihiga lang sa kama o kahit sa sofa. manood ng TV at kumain. Naisip ko tuloy magpaihaw lang ng hotdag para sa gabihan namin at nagpagawa din ng mainit na chokolate. Sarap talaga mag-almusal sa gabi......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites