Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ika 5 ng Enero 2009: Down but not Out

First day of work on a new year..... Your guess is good that today is not really the best time to go to work. I am sure everyone shares that feeling when suddenly your vacation just ended.

Almost everyone I meet is sick or down with something. My iron works contractor was blowing his nose as we were talking this morning. Three of my co-riders in the van were coughing. I called a colleague who was also sick. It must be the weather. Let's face it. The cool weather is a welcome breather from the scorching heat, not to mention that it gives us the opportunity to use our jackets and blazers rightly. But we are tropical people and our bodies are best suited to withstand heat, not cold. I get sick sleeping in an air-conditioned room...... love the chilly nights but can't cope with it.

The flurry of holiday activities took its toll on me and I am down for the second time. It is said that relapse is more vicious than the first attack. This is my second time so I should really take care of myself. I want that spa treatment asap. I think it's a matter of resting the body. But how? Holiday is over. Often, working people take sickness for granted and simply let it pass because they cannot afford to take a leave. How many of us come to work with fever? I believe if there were such statistics, the figures would be unbelievable.

I don't want to take a leave because it's the first day of work and I have a class later. While I have aching joints, I am here at the office trying to live through the day.

PS: Me pasok na lahay pati mga bata pwera lang sa anak ko na nag-aaral sa UP. Di ba parang isang himala na UP pa ang walang pasok. Nagkaroon tuloy ang anak ko ng pagkakataon na kumuha ng lisensiya sa pagmamaneho. Kaya lang nagtext sa akin at di daw nakakuha. Offline ang LTO nationwide. Ano ba yan! Nasayang oras nung mga kukuha ng lisensiya at mahirap humanap ng pagkakataon pag me pasok na. Wala silang back up o seguridad sa di paggana ng teknolohiya. Bakit?!?!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites