Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ika 1 ng Agosto 2008


TGIF...... even on a rainy day. Ironically, this is also the first day of the month. And beginnings are like the spring in life's seasons....... eagerly awaited for its promise. On this rainy morning, I woke up to the promise of the last workday of the week.

It started out rather frantically with me scouting for things that my son needs for his science and art class. I read about the art materials in his diary last night. But I was surprised about the science requirements that my son told me only this morning. They would be dissecting a frog today. He needs an aluminum pan lined with candle wax. Apparently, his Dad was informed about it last night but he forgot to buy it. So we had to 'steal' his sister's baking pan. My son said that I should be accountable to his sister for this. Anyway, hubby should buy the replacement because it was his fault he forgot to buy one. I called up my eldest daughter from her dorm to ask about her spare dissecting kit. She told me it's in her room. I couldn't find it though.

While my son was having breakfast, I was preparing the stuffs that he needs while my helper lined the pan with candle wax. My son prepared for school after breakfast. We got his things ready just before the bus arrived. His dad gave him money to buy the dissecting kit from the school bookstore.

These frenzied mornings are no longer new to me. But my son telling me that he needs those things is......... He has always been unmindful about school stuffs until lately. Science is his favorite subject. So maybe that can partly explain it. But he has been showing some sense of responsibility a number of times..... like he would remember when his PE uniform is needed or art materials he needs to bring. He would tell us though and we still have to prepare these things. In due time, he would have to learn to do it himself. At least, he is dressing by himself now. I used to hang around his room giving him what he needs until about the first few days of this school year. Slowly, I let him dress by himself. I just check for what he missed just before he leaves. He still forgets something at times. My goal is to make him entirely independent of my "mothering" by this school year. He has shown great promise...... I know in time, my baby will be his own man.

I left the house feeling good. Wearing my hooded black jacket, I thought I look great too as I have seen myself so so on some days. I love the rain for it quenches the earth's thirst. It is refreshing after the long hot summer days. After the rain, a new day is dawning when everything comes in full bloom once again. Just as the last day of the workweek promises me a weekend of bliss in my home.

PS: Habang nakasakay ako sa tricycle, nadaanan ko ang isang batang naka kapoteng kulay pink. Di ko maiwasang di tignan ang bata. Naalala ko nung kabataan ko na masayang masaya ako na nakakapote pag umuulan. Halos ayaw ko hubarin ito at pakiramdam ko ligtas ako sa anumang panganib na dala ng ulan.

Ang tag-ulan ay panahon din kung kailan tumutubo ang damuhan sa dinadaanan naming magkakapatid at magpipinsan na riles ng tren pauwi ng bahay galing eskwelahan. Sa mga damuhan na ito, pumipitas ako ng maliliit na bulaklak na pasalubong ko sa nanay ko pa-uwi. Lalagyan ko pa ito ng masangsang na pabango ng tatay ko bago ko ibigay sa nanay ko. Para sa isang bata, ito ang paraan ko ng pagsisipsip nung araw. Siguro napasaya ko rin ang nanay ko dahil dito. Wala na ang nanay ko pero eto ang mga alala ng yugto ng buhay na minsan kumukurot pa rin sa puso.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites