Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ika 30 ng Hulyo 2008

An ordinary Wednesday morning tending to my son who didn't finish his Math homework on base numbers........ What the heck is that! He did his English homework last night. His Dad helped him out on the Math. My son got tired so his Dad let him off the hook to sleep.

So we were trying to finish his homework as I was figuring out how to work out the calculation at the same time. I tried looking at the examples in his book and ended up confused on some of the answers hubby taught him. We paused for a while to eat breakfast. When he finished, he went to his bedroom to prepare for school. I told him to ask his Dad who was also preparing for work why we have different interpretations of base numbers. I actually didn't read his book.

When hubby came down for breakfast, he asked if I read the book. Actually, I browsed briefly. He explained to me the concept. It was not really that hard. He read it, that why he understood. I called out to my son to hurry up so he can still finish his homework. I had to tell him also that his Dad got it right this time. We continued to answer his homework. His bus arrived shortly and he didn't finish his homework. So I told him to finish his homework in school. I told him to ask his Math teacher too what base numbers are used for.

The moral of my story is learn to read because you can't know everything. Also, having no knowledge is better than giving wrong information. Learning my lesson the hard way today, I plunged to my ultimate adventure. I went to the office with a new found knowledge of base numbers whose application are best appreciated by computers and other computing devices.

PS: Kaninang sumakay ako sa van, nakasabay ko ang isang magkasintahan na kasabay ko rin kagabi. Natandaan ko sila dahil sa kanilang pagiging malambing sa isa't isa na parang pwede silang langgamin. Kagabi ay katapat ko sila at di ko mapigilan di mapatingin sa kanilang PDA o "public display of affection" na sa mga nakakapanood ay pwede maging "predisposed to drool over this attraction". Hindi naman ako naattract sa kanila, nadistract pa nga. Siguro yun iba rin na nakasakay sa van kagabi. Nagrorosaryo pa naman yun katabi nilang babae. Baka nga naipagdasal na sila.

Wala nga kaming pakialam dun at sarili nilang diskarte yun. Pero naman kasi pampublikong sasakyan pa rin yan. Di naman ako masyadong makalumang tao. Pero siguro naman me lugar para sa mga ganyan bagay. At kung me respeto sila sa isa't isa, pwede naman nilang ipakita ito hindi sa pakikipagulayaw nila sa isa't isa sa harapan ng maraming tao. Sa ibang kultura siguro natatanggap ang ganyan. Pero dito sa tin, hindi pa tayo handa sa ganyan klaseng pagbabago.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites