Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ika 7 ng Hulyo 2008

Early on, I decided I would go half-day at work. I needed to change beddings which I failed to do because of our important weekend affair. It was actually my daughter's debut finalized at the last minute. My no-nonsense daughter didn't want a ball and just wanted to treat her friends to a resto. I prevailed both for practical reasons and so it would serve as a reunion of sorts for family members. I told her we are inviting only her friends from high school and college and immediate relatives from both sides. My arrangement with my caterer-cousin was finalized the day before the affair. The cake was ordered two days before. Since it was to be a simple affair, other niceties were foregone. I was trying to invite some more guests on the morning of the event.

I was headed for work at 10:30am. I was actually not in the best mood to go to work. My body was aching all over as changing four beds gave me a heck of a work-out. I have this thing about how the bedsheet should be tucked under the mattress to have a smooth surface.... no creases. The helpers can't seem to do it.

There was no more shuttle service at this time. I took the bus at Alabang. It was a quick ride and I was in the office in no time. I would be meeting some office friends for lunch. I was actually looking forward to that. We belong to different offices and were tapped last year to work on an important but controversial priority project. It's been a long time since we got together and it would be good to catch up..... to talk about our bosses.

PS: Habang nakaupo ako sa bus kanina, napansin ko yun babae sa me kanan ko na di mapakali sa pagkakaupo. Kakalahati lang kasi ng pwet niya ang nakaupo. Nasa tatluhan kami na upuan. Ako yun nasa gitna at siya yun sa me aisle. Naranasan ko na rin ang nararamdaman ng babaeng katabi ko. At di biro to lalo na kung mga isang oras at mahigit ang biyahe. Malas pag natraffic ka pa.

Iba ibang style ng pag-upo ang pwedeng gawing. Ito ang ilang halimbawa:

  1. Umupo sa isang parte ng pwet. Mahirap to kasi nakakangawet. At pwedeng magkapasa ang parteng nakaupo lalo na pag nalubak ang bus. Makaramdam din ng pamimitig sa isang binti at pulikat sa kabila.
  2. Umupo facing the other side. Mas madali to kesa nauna pero kalahating pwet pa rin nakaupo pero mas balanse. Nakakangawit din ng binti. Pwede itukod ang paa sa kabilang upuan. Istorbo nga lang pag me dadaan na pasahero o conduktor. Pwedeng isandal ang ulo sa pwet ng nakatayong pasahero.
  3. Umpisa sa no.1 pero unti unting itulak ang katabi pag nagsweswerve ang sasakyan hanggang sa makaupo ang buong pwet. Maaring pagmulan ng away kaya siguruhing matapang ka o me magandang excuse.
  4. Try mo kausapin ang katabi at itanong kung payag siyang kumandong ka sa kanya. Ipaliwanag ang advantages at disadvantages. Maari rin pagmulan ng away.
Sa jeep ay nangyayari rin ito na pilit pagkakasyahin ang 12 sa pang 10 upuan on one side. Wala masyadong style ng upo sa jeep. Pagsakay mo, lahat ng pasahero ay uurong at ititira sa yo yun pinakadulong upuan. Minsan minsan yun pinakagitna. Wala kang magagawa dito kungdi ipitin ang legs at tiisin ang sakit at ngawit.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites