Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ika 3 ng Hulyo 2008

It was rainy when I left the house this morning. It's also my helper's birthday today and I promised her a something delightful in the evening. More dishes to wash perhaps.....joke.

I missed getting down the shuttle bus terminal because I couldn't see if there was an available van as my co-tricycle rider's umbrella was obstructing my view. I was trying to figure out whether taking the shuttle service would be the best recourse given that it was 7:30am. That was the hour of the great divide because beyond that time one is unwittingly exposed to the many woes of a commuter particularly on a rainy morning........... traffic jams, long queues, commuters scrambling for a ride, drivers cutting and cursing each other, and potential road rage. Because of the rains, one has to be careful in treading his/her path or risk contracting leptopyrosis from stepping on rat-urine infested water. I also had to contend with a messed up and soggy appearance when I arrive at the office if my umbrella fails to hold up.

So I disobligingly proceeded with the short tricycle trip to the main street, took a jeepney, and then a bus at Alabang. Nothing eventful. I have this nagging headache for the past days and I really wanted to sleep. The TV was on and it's not the usual morning show. It's a teen movie about two teens with their angst and problems expressing their aspirations through dancing along the way falling in love (I think so. I did not see how it ended) . I am not a teen flick fan but surprisingly stayed tuned and forgot about my headache. The plot is ordinary. As expected protagonists hate each other at the beginning; rich girl and poor guy chance upon each other at the right time; started having feelings while doing their dance routine; girl junks boyfriend and eventually falls in love with her dance partner; face insurmountable odds and emerge triumphant; and they live happily ever after. Oh, how I wish life is a fairy tale.

I came to the end of my trip with the movie yet to climax but slowly building up. I am sure though it will end happily for the two lovers. I walked the stretch of EDSA to my office. Passing through a narrow walkway, my umbrella got entangled with another lady's umbrella. She smiled as we were untangling our umbrellas and I smiled back. Must be a good day, I thought to myself. Nothing beats a smile in brightening up an otherwise dreary, rainy morning. The guard opened the door for me when I entered our building. I must be off to a good start.

PS: Habang naglalakad, napansin ko ang traffic. Sa mga jeepney, me mga kalalakihang nakasabit. Naisip ko tuloy ang babae ba ok lang sumabit? Ito ay kung aabot ang isang babaeng sa situation na talagang walang masakyan at pag naiwan siya sa lugar na yon ay baka kung ano pa mangyari sa kanya. O kaya kelangan niya lang talaga makauwi ng maaga.

Sa tagal ng pagcocommute ko me mangilan ngilan babae na karaniwang matatanda na sumasabit sa jeep, actually sumasalampak sila sa me tuntungan pagpasok ng jeep. Wala na kasi masyadong mga lalaking nagpapaupo ngayon.

Hindi pala ngayon lang ako nakakita ng babaeng sumabit sa jeep. Nung high school ako, nagkaron kami ng isang activity sa camp aguinaldo kung di ako nagkakamali. Nung pauwi, talagang mahirap sumakay at kelangan armado ka ng mga martial arts at ballet techniques combined para makasakay. Sinuwerte kami ng aking mga kaibigan na makasakay. Subali't di namin makakalimutan sa tanang buhay namin ang aming nakita...........isang kaklase namin babae na me pagkademure at pacute ang nakasabit sa isang jeep na dumaan. Mukang di siya masaya at kahit malayo nakikita namin sa body language niya.

Sa mga kaibigan ko at kaklase na nagbabasa ng blog ko, hulaan niyo kung sino ang kaklase natin na to.. clue; bagama't di panglady ang size niya noon ay very lady-like siya. Tinuringan din namin siya na the origin of the letter W. Dayap, di ka kasali sa huhula ha. Pwede ka magcomment at magbigay ng di obvious na clue. Pakisubmit lang ang sagot niyo sa comment portion ng blog na ito. Initials lang pala ng maiden name niya ang isulat for purposes of confidentiality. Me naghihintay na premyong isang taon na libreng sakay sa jeep of your choice.

2 comments:

dayap said...

hi lemonade...of course kapag di ako sumali...walang sasakay sa jeepney mo...papuntang cavite. let me just give the rest of your readers some clue...she is a CAT-RO...and carries the initials AB...yes folks...she is bigger than life...tama ba lemonade!

brainchild said...

hey dayap..... di ko alam na RO cya. anyways, mukang give-away na. ilan ba AB sa tin non? nga pala let me add na di ko sure kung W or Y yun nagoriginate sa kanya..... good you're back there nga pala. di pa tayo nagkwentuhan ng husto ha.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites