Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ika 16 ng Hulyo 2008

Why does a rainy day feel like a drag? My nice comfy bed beckoned me back to its irresistible charm...... I almost wrapped myself under its spell but quickly realized my son failed to do his homework in Math again. And suddenly, I was all awake with a big headache.

Rousing my son from sleep, I tried patience and told him to do his homework in Math while I fixed the bed explaining to him the concept of exponents and how to perform division of exponential numbers. Do you know? Then, we can probably join "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and reach the million dollar question. I was also scolding him on not telling his sister that he needs art materials for his classes so we could have bought these the previous night. Haughtily, he told me, "Why when is art ba?.... Tomorrow pa ang art no". Like I should know....huh. Hubby was amused as he witnessed my face-losing moment with our son.

He wasn't quite done with his homework when we went down for breakfast. I told him to finish the work first before we eat. I was feeding the puppies as I was scolding him loudly because he couldn't get my instructions. He was protesting my shouting at him. Realizing my mistake, I said "I'm sorry". I grabbed patience once more and explained for the nth time what he was supposed to do. When he finished most items, I told him to have his breakfast already.

He took his bath after breakfast. After dressing up, I told him to go down and finish his work. His school bus came shortly. My middle daughter and hubby left earlier. My eldest daughter who came home last night from her dorm will leave later for her afternoon classes.

I left later than my usual time. When I arrived at the terminal, I was surprised that there was a long queue at the terminal. It was raining and traffic must be bad. I heard that only two vans were returning. I made sure that I would be riding these vans and counted the passengers. I was rider number 18. 'I'm safe'............ I felt like a contestant on AI being sent to the bench, not the stool. About an hour passed until the first van arrived. It was a small van and I would not make it here. My legs were weary from standing. The other passengers were just as restless. Finally, salvation arrived. I slept the entire trip. By the time we reached our destination, I decided to delay going to the office and do all my errands and have lunch with a friend.

I went to the bank to pay my credit card. When I arrived, there were three people in line. I filled up a form and when I reached the line, there were about ten persons already and only one counter. Waiting time again...... it was snail pace. I couldn't help but see that the guy in front of me would have multiple transactions. The bank manager decided to assign another teller to receive bills payment.... Thank God. It's about time. As we were lined up, the other counters were vacant and nobody took the initiative of easing up the line until the manager stepped in.

After paying my bill, I went to another bank to deposit a check, the fruit of my labor, my first pay check for my new teaching job. When I arrived, there were only two people in line with two counters servicing. I filled up a deposit slip and by the time I got to the line, I'm client number five. The first two clients had fast transactions. The two other clients ahead of me took time as they had multiple transactions. I was like an anxious kid waiting for my turn alternately seeing who finishes ahead of the other. Finally, I was called by the teller.

With my legs stressed out from all the queuing I did, I called my friend to meet me at a Chicken Inasal resto. We had a nice chicken lunch and enjoyed catching up. After lunch, we parted ways. Since my legs have been so numbed, I thought that maybe I should just go all the way and walk to go to my office which is a block away. That way, I would have a complete leg work-out...........and I did just that.

PS: Napanood niyo ba ang pagtatanggol ni Kris Aquino sa asawang si James Yap sa pagsipa ke Terrence Leather? Ito ang balitang showbiz ng masakay ako sa bus nito lang linggong ito. Sabi ni Kris sa basketball daw, ang maging physical na pwedeng tawaging rough play ay natural lang at parte ng isang laro na malapit ang scores ng magkatunggali. Kung naaalala niyo ang mga Toyota-Crispa match nung araw, marami mga ganitong pangyayari. Si Jaworski ay isang basketball legend na aking hinangaan ay lagi nasasangkot sa ganito. Ang katwiran niya, pisikal siya at kaya rin niyang tumanggap ng mga pisikal na laro. Gusto kong klaruhin na tagahanga ako ni Jaworski bilang basketball player at hindi bilang isang senador kung saan naging parang legend na lang din siya.

Sa laro ng Purefoods at Talk n Text, nagkaron ng rough play si Leather at Jonjon Salvador, na kasama ni Yap sa team, na nagresulta ng gulo kung saan binato ng bola ni Leather si Salvador. Dahil dito, sinipa ni James si Leather na ikinagalit nito. Kung kaya't si James ang binalingan at hinabol sa korte. Siyanga pala, ang bilis tumakbo ni James kaya di ito lumampas sa pansin ng mga namamahala sa larangan ng track and field.

Sa dami ng mga pumuna rito, nanghingi ng patawad si James Yap pagkatapos patawan ito ng parusa ng mga opisyal ng basketball. Pero di natapos diyan ang kwento. Dugtong pa sa sinabi ni Kris Aquino na sa basketball daw natural lang maging pisikal, si James daw bilang 'pinakasikat' na player ay biktima ng mga maling tawag at paghuhusga. Ano raw? Ms. Kris Aquino, ang mali ay mali kahit pagbali baligtarin mo. Wag mo sanang gamitin ang celebrity status mo para ipagtanggol ang kamalian. Mabuti pa si James at nagpakumbaba na sa pagkakamali. Hindi mo na sana dinugtungan ng pagkairreverent mo para namatay na lang ang issue.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites