Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ika 18 ng Hulyo 2008

This is the day that the Philippines will have a mega earthquake according to a South American seer.

Can this explain why my son was grumpy again when I woke him up this cool morning? I left him and went back to my room. Moments later he went downstairs. Since the table was set when I came down, I told him to have breakfast. He was still in a fighting mood and would resist. I told him I would smack him if he doesn't stop acting up. Of course, I won't and I can't. He answered back that he would smack me too. Now, that deserves smacking, right? I didn't mind him and in a while he was his fine self eating his breakfast. He would stop awhile and play with his current favorite puppy, Toby. I would tell him to hurry up.

Soon everyone was out of the house. I wanted to leave early but there's a gazillion things to do. With the rains the past days, the house and surroundings look a bit scruffy and I want some things done right. There's a game of cat and mouse you have with helpers and I have grown tired of inculcating responsibility among them. When the cat goes out the door, the mice would simply rest and play. I might as well do it or at least be there to oversee. The sun was shining today and the house and our stuff need a good sun exposure to get the muggy look and smell out.

My short role reversal at home caused me to miss the last van at the terminal. They were all gone so early. A lot of people must be feeling lazy and decided to take a break. I was forced to take a bus at Alabang. Seated by the window with the curtain drawn, I was claustrophobic and had to pull back the grey, errrrrrrrr green curtain. A group of hawkers taking a break came into view as the bus was filling up with passengers. Soon, the bus departed. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't as I wasn't very comfortable with the guy beside me. Pardon my prejudice but I have loads of experience in commuting and you just can't trust anybody. It's not just thieves, there are muggers, maniacs, and all sorts of crazy people all around us. One can never be too cautious.

I tried to relax during the trip but there is this loud blare of the radio with a noisy DJ talking nonsense, reminiscent of my jeepney-riding days in college. I hate these radio stations where DJs talk more than play music. When he played his music, I thought that maybe he should just continue talking. He played this Taglish adaptation of a pop song. I don't like the original and I hate the adaptation. My internal iPod can't simply drown out the noise. I had to endure this. There were a couple of songs played till I reach my destination. Good thing, the trip was fast.

I came to the office with a big headache. Maybe, I need a good shake after all. We have been assured that no one can predict an earthquake but there's nothing wrong with seeking God's protection all the time. Perhaps, we all need that today and always.

PS: Nung isang linggo nagpunta ako sa bangko bandang alas tres ng hapon. Pagbalik ko opisina, tamang tama na meryenda na rin kaya bumili ako ng turon sa jolijeep. And jolijeep ay mga maliliit na tindahan ng murang pagkain na gawa sa stainless steel na nasa mga side street at mga di gaanong magulong lugar sa Makati. Masaya na ako sa meryenda ko at bumalik na ako opisina.

Nang malapit na ako sa opisina ay me nadaanan akong isang magpuputo na nagbebenta sa isang babae. Ito yun nakalagay sa mga latang lalagyan na nilalako sa tin nung mga bata tayo katulad ng taho. Nakita ko na pinapahiran na ng gatas na kinaramelized yun puto. Bagama't me meryenda na ako, di ko napigilan ang sarili ko na bumili ng puto sa mama magpuputo. Pagkuha ko ng puto sa mama, nakita ko ang kukong hinlalaki niya na sobrang haba...... mga isa't kalahating pulgada siguro ang haba. Pero sa sobrang kasabikan ko sa puto di ko na pinansin to. Bumalik ako sa opisina na parang nakakita ng ginto sa paanan ng bahaghari.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites