Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ika 10 ng Hulyo 2008

"Please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop it, please don't stop it..........." That was Rihanna performing on the Early Show. I was watching this as I was preparing for work. Pretty girl with sense. Interviewed by the host on how she can maintain popularity and her good sense, she said that she was raised in a strict environment and has a best friend who keeps her grounded. Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan can perhaps be adopted by her family or use her friend to bring in some sense into them. Incidentally, we were in the car one time when my middle daughter asked her sister aloud why I know that song as I was singing along as it was being played on my hubby's car radio. These kids........!!!! Having patiently answered all sorts of silly and mundane questions when they were young.... now they think they know better than you.

In no time, I was off to work. I was treading through these vacant lot with a rough pathway flattened by people like me using this as a short cut, when a tricycle came by. The driver signaled if I wanted a ride and I signaled that I do. As to how we understood each other, I couldn't explain how communicating with hand waving lead to understanding of what one wants to impart. A rider was already inside and was looking at me signaling that I hurry up. She wasn't contented and had to tell me that she was in a hurry when I got to the tricycle. I told her that the pathway was rough. She said she thought it was paved. Sarcastically, I told her to give it a try. She said again she was in a hurry. I said that she should have taken a special trip. She couldn't answer and was blabbing something about the driver. That made the trip uncomfortable. The minutes seemed like hours. She broke the silence and made up saying the reason why I couldn't walk fast is because I was in heels ending it with "Ate". I simply said that the pathway is really rough. I secretly detested the "Ate". Not that I am younger than her but not anyone can call me "Ate". ok......

I reached the terminal. By this time we had made up so I had to say goodbye to her. I don't know her but we're neighbors, maybe distant ones, so I have to be polite. I was the last passenger in the waiting van like yesterday. There were four passengers ahead of me who chose to take the two extension seats and I was left with the last seat at the back........ok lang. I was seated beside a lady who was praying the rosary. I had to say my prayer too and asked God to make the day right and that my class pushes through tonight because I need the extra income (This class was cancelled last week as no student came to school. As a part-timer, you are only paid for time spent holding classes).

Traffic was good. The escalating gas prices have some benefit after all. More people are leaving their cars and taking public transportation. In a way, it is good for the common welfare. But that means a more competition in my commute.....sigh. I thought I made great stride in social responsibility when I gave up my car for public transpo. Now, it appears to be just a logical choice for a rational human being.

I texted a friend asking if the ATM machine at our main building is online.....still not !$%^%*#@!@#$. I got off and as I was walking to get a short ride to the office, I heard Rihanna again in my internal iPod singing "Please don't stop the music.............."

PS: Nung isang araw na nakasakay ako sa bus, news ang palabas. Pagdating sa showbiz balita ay pinakita ang concert ni Imelda Papin sa Las Vegas. Guest niya si Manny Pacquiao na kakapanalo lang sa laban ke Diaz. Kinakanta ni Imelda yun signature song nyang "Isang Linggo Pag-ibig". Binigay niya yun mike ke Manny para kumanta ng ilan linya at kanta naman tong si Manny ng "Martis, ng tayu'y muling magketa......." Buti at isang linya lang ang kinanta ni Manny. Pero maya maya ay pinakita naman si Manny na kinakanta naman ang signature song niyang "Para sa yo ang laban kong to." Hay, di ko na kaya.........

Ang concert ay isang fund-raising para magdonate ng dialysis machines sa PGH. Tagumpay naman yata at mukang marami rami rin madodonate na dialysis machines. Nakakatuwa rin ang mga ganitong artista natin na di pa rin nakakalimot sa mga nangangailangang Pilipino. Mabuhay sila.

Di naman nagpahuli si Manny at na nagpledge din ng isa pang dialysis machine. Sa napanalo niya eh kayang kaya naman niya talagang magdonate. Sa interview ke Manny sinabi niyang natutuwa naman siyang makatulong at nais niyang magconcert pa para naman sa mga nasalanta ng bagyo. Inay ko naman, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz. Pakiusap.........pwede tumulong ka na lang Manny. Wag ka na magconcert. Ewan ko nga ba bakit me mga bumili ng cd mo at pinalakas na naman ang loob mo sa mga bagay na di mo dapat ginagawa. Gaya rin ng pagsali mo sa pulitika. Dami mo na titles sa boxing, ok na yun. Nasa kasaysayan ka na nga Pilipinas at maraming Pilipino ang humahanga na sa yo. Bagama't isa itong unsolicited advice, makakabuti rin kung bibigyan mo ito ng pansin.

2 comments:

dayap said...

hi lemonade,
look at it positively when she called you 'Ate'....could be a respect call...just seeing your moves on that bumpy road...ika nga...uugod-ugod ka na siguro. anyway that is better than being called 'Inday' o 'Manang'...o di bah?

brainchild said...

hinde, hinding hindi ako makapayag tawagin niya kong ate, manang dayap!!!!

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites