Monday, July 28, 2008

Ika 29 ng Hulyo 2008

While the morning started lightly for me, it was not to be......

I rode in a red van with guess who, my favorite Mr. RV driver. I didn't realize it was him as my thoughts were on something else, i.e. the exams I will give to my students later which I have not prepared, when i rode the van and sat between him and a male passenger. I tried to sleep as his driving was unbelievably smooth. I couldn't. I tried to let my subconscious do as it wanted closing my eyes. I could only think of the many things I have been neglecting to do lately like organizing my stuff and following up on certain hanging matters. Hence, I feel my life has been chaotic lately........

I was a follower of this show on lifestyle channel. mission organization. It doesn't air currently but I still hope to catch it soon. The show features cluttered living spaces and the mission is to get it uncluttered through organizing. I have been inspired by the show to adopt some of the techniques used. I gained some measure of success in my effort. The downside is I get resentment at times for being "inflexible" about some of the organization requirements from some of my household members who are not consistent and maybe dislike order. Still, I have to acknowledge that the effort paid off as our stuffs have proper places and can readily be found. Even files in our hard drives btw need to be organized in a way that suits us. Since I am the organizer, I have to patiently guide my household members on where to find our things all the time. Not that I am complaining......

Lately, I have been remiss particularly in our study area. The trouble with being negligent about our duties is getting our momentum back. And the more I let things file up, the greater amount of effort is needed to go back to the organization mode. With my to-do list already filing up, I have the tendency to further slack off. I read the single tasking philosophy from zenhabits. It all boils down to the fact that you can only do so much from your list. The key is being able to identify and prioritize which things need to be done immediately. We can actually determine how this can work for us. At certain times, I would pick out the most difficult tasks from my list. Other times, I'll start with those which can easily be done in a shorter time. Whatever suits you, the important thing is get started, or restarted for some of us.

Just when I have decided that the next weekend is going to be devoted to organizing and tying up loose ends or at least get started, I was falling asleep. Since Mr. RV driver continued to give me a good ride, I fell asleep until about the time I reached my destination. As I take my final ride to the office, I realized too that my mission just started at this moment as I need to finish an exam before my classes tonight.... Lunch break is going to be pretty hectic today.

PS: Me mga araw na dumadaan na parang walang nagyari sa buhay kahit ang daming ginagawa. Dahil kaya sa wala talagang kwenta ang pinaggagagawa ko? Hindi naman siguro. Kasi kung di naman gagawin to, lalong malaking problema.

Kelangan ko siguro ng bakasyon. Ang tagal ko nang di nakapagbakasyon na talagang bakasyon. Una, dahil me trabaho ako, me klase ako, dami trabaho..... Nandyan pa yun me pasok ang mga bata, walang magbabantay sa bahay, walang mag-aalaga sa mga alagang hayop, me gagawin sa bahay at marami pang ibang dahilan.

Pero lahat tayo kailangan din magbakasyon paminsan minsan. Mahirap nang maging permanente ang bakasyon natin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well-said. parang nasa threadmill na paulit ulit ang mga gawain ano? bakasyon ang katapat niyan. gives us new perspective and a fresh start. what I do is use the carrot to the donkey philosophy. I dangle a reward in front of me to help me finish my task, kahit na a trip to the store to get Extreme Chocolater ice cream lang. But sometimes it doesn't work, I end up eating my ice cream in the middle of a mountain of laundry. hehehe.

brainchild said...

i know. maybe, it's the weather. me panahon talaga na ang hirap gawin lahat. sometimes you lose the motivation to keep on going. i sometimes feel like quitting a job that i need and just do things which i love doing but can't sustain me ...... ay wishful thinking. i surely like to have that vacation to recharge.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites