Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ika 24 ng Hulyo 2008

I didn't have to wake up my son today. He went to my room and woke me up instead. I gave him a hug. What a good way to start a morning! He did his homework too with the help of hubby last night. I told him I would follow him downstairs. I have been oversleeping lately. I can't get up quickly as my alarm goes off. The bed is just so comfy and mornings are cooler.

I left the house after my morning rituals and rode a waiting grey van. I sat right in front. It gave me a bird's eye view of the things we passed by. The road looked relaxed with fewer cars. One is less stressed out with a light traffic. I wasn't sleepy. I was looking at the billboards along the highway. It gives you an idea of who is in or out in the entertainment scene. Well, there's Juday, Angel Locsin, Dr. Vicky Belo, Maja Salvador, Dingdong Dantes, and a host of commercial model wannabes. I even saw Manny Pacquiao on a mobile ad. Judging from the number of billboards to her credit, the 'it' girl at the moment is Marian Rivera, Angel Locsin's heir apparent. What used to be Angel's spot has been taken over by Dyezebel. I don't watch soaps but I am updated on what's happening in the entertainment scene, locally and internationally. Correction, soap is forced on me during my bus trips on the way home. Not really an assault, it's a fun way to while away the hour or so ride. Although, there were times I would like to give my two-cents' worth to the show writers but balk for fear that I might be assaulted by other passengers. It also doesn't take much to browse the entertainment column in the daily.

Marian is also the sexiest Pinay today. Eat your heart out, Katrina Halili and Iwa Moto. Katrina recently said that she wants to reclaim the spot. Let's just say that their five minutes are up. In showbiz, fame is fleeting like everything else in this life. Marian was a nobody before she was plucked out from obscurity because of the void left by Angel, former GMA 7 prize catch who transferred to ABS 2. Angel's move was interpreted by some as bereft of debt of gratitude. Among Pinoys, being an ingrate is a mortal sin. GMA 7 ensured that Marian would ably fill in Angel's shoes. She did. Marian's shows are top raters while Angel has lost her magic. Maybe, it was good for her too as Angel also claimed that she wants some work-life balance. She must have found it now and soon it may even tilt in a direction she might regret. 'It' girl, Marian, is simply hot, hot, hot and she continues to sizzle. Oh, I am in no way a fan of Marian. I am just exhibiting a typical Pinoy trait, being a gossip. Hey, I am allowed some tackiness in life. Life, after all, isn't supposed to be taken so seriously.

By the time we reach Makati, I was getting sleepy. Probably due to the stimulation I got looking at all those colorful images. I fell asleep as the van weaves its way through urban traffic making sure that I opened my eyes occasionally to check my location. I was dizzy as I alighted at my destination. I have to stop dreaming and live out my nightmare.

PS: Nitong mga nakaraang araw, panay ang pakikipag-umayam ko sa mga kaibigan. Sa dami ng mga organisasyon na naging parte ng aking buhay, marami rami rin akong nakilalang tao at me ilan na naging kaibigan ko. Di ko maituturing na napakarami ng kaibigan ko. Pero sigurado akong tunay na kaibigan ang mga kaibigan na meron ako. Me kaibigan ako sa high school at elementarya (isang eskwelahan lang ang pinasukan ko), sa kolehiyo, sa mga naging trabaho ko, sa kapitbahay, at kahit sa mga pagkakataong di inaasahan.

Di katulad ng kamag-anak na di natin mapili, ang kaibigan ay pinili natin na maging parte ng atin buhay sa iba't ibang dahilan minsan sa buhay natin. Maari na kailangan natin sila minsan sa buhay natin o sila nangangailangan sa tin. Sa pag-usad ng panahon, pinagtitibay ang pagkakaibigan. Minsan kahit di mo na sila kailangan, nandiyan pa rin sila. Me ibang kaibigan na nawala na. Meron din sigurong di na kaibigan at nagbago na kami ng pananaw sa buhay. Meron din na nawala na pero bumalik ulit. Meron din ilan na ituturing kong higit pa sa kaibigan. Hindi ko na kailangan na pangalanan pa sila dahil alam kong alam nila kung ano sila sa buhay ko. Kahit ano pa ang kalagayan natin sa buhay, lahat tayo nangangailangan ng isang kaibigan.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites