Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ika 28 ng Hulyo 2008



Uh..... This is exactly how Monday mornings feel like on a stormy morning. It didn't help that my middle daughter and son who are in high school and elementary respectively have no classes today due to Typhoon "Igme" supposedly. Actually, my two daughters and I were contemplating about the possibility of classes being suspended since Friday as today President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo will deliver her State of the Nation Address. Sure enough, classes in elementary and high school have been suspended due to the typhoon last night.

My college daughter and hubby left early. My eldest daughter must be feeling the curse of adulthood. Well, I was.... Only a little a year ago, she was rejoicing with her sister and brother over such good news. They would have a double celebration if their Dad gave them their allowances for the week as he couldn't expect a refund in such an event.

I had to do some soul searching on whether I should subject myself to the tortures of the job. With much effort, I left the house but not without being further aggravated by my son who said that I smell "weird" after he kissed me goodbye and my middle daughter who commented that my clothes look like a baro't saya and she didn't mean it in a good way. Now that's really a damper on my day. My son must be so used to seeing me in my disheveled state after sleeping. My middle daughter, who is my regular shopping companion, got me thinking though. I AM NOT IN A NATIONAL COSTUME, OK. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just picked out an old white top in my closet to go with my slacks. I was too lazy to dress up. These things happen. I know when I am not in my best and this must be one of those days.

I arrived at the terminal only to be told that I could no longer be accommodated in the last van. Uhhhh..... So I proceeded to Alabang to take a bus. At least, my fare was cheaper by P30. Soon, I was walking to my office thinking how a day like this will turn out.

Just like the many inaccurate predictions of PAGASA Weather Bureau, the skies are clear. Please don't blame our weather bureau for their lapses. They could use budget augmentation to improve their weather forecasts. So it appears that my middle daughter and son are celebrating by this time while I am here agonizing the rest of my day.

PS: Nitong nakaraang weekend ay naging busy kami sa pag-aayos ng kapaligiran. Pero mahirap maglinis pag umuulan. Ni hindi makatuyo ng damit na nilabhan. Maputik ang paligid kaya di makalabas.

Dahil sa maulan na panahon, nagkaron din ako ng pagkakataon na makapaggawa ng mga bagong playlists ng mga paborito kong kanta sa youtube. Sarap sanang gawin to maghapon pero laging me mga sumisingit na trabaho sa bahay. Nasingitan pa ako ng panganay na anak ko ng magprint siya ng project sa eskwelahan. Lalo kong naappreciate ang teknolohiya sa mga ganitong pagkakataon. Me mga kanta kasing talagang mga mahirap makita na o "hard to find". Ang musika ay isa sa mga nagsisilbing aliw ko sa buhay. Minsan lang nasasakop na ng napakaraming dibersiyon ang oras ko at nakakalimutan ko ang halaga nito sa buhay.

2 comments:

brainchild said...

dear nanay,
muka nmn tlgng baro't saya ung top m eh!!! hahaha...yan ah binasa ko blog mo...nagcomment pa ko!

ina XD

brainchild said...

aba at humirit pa eh....

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites