Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ika 2 ng Nobyembre 2008

Brainchild's break..........

Yesterday's observance of All Saints' Day mean my inability to do some of my regular weekend tasks. So today, I am rushing to accomplish as much as I can. But by late morning, it became apparent that I simply cannot do all things and accepted that I have put too much on my plate and thought more realistically. In fact, a lot of what I set out to do remains to be accomplished as of now.

BIL and family arrived in our homes about 10:00am yesterday. My helpers began packing stuff in his van but later he told MIL there was no more space. With that and the rains, BIL said that they would just take an early lunch in our place. Everything was unpacked and the table was set. MIL joined BIL and his family for lunch. Middle daughter, only son, and hubby ate with them as well.

After eating, they set our for the cemetery. Only son and middle daughter joined them to be with their cousins. Eldest daughter was still preparing. I ate my lunch and soon was joined by eldest daughter. Hubby prepared to go. Soon, I went upstairs and prepared too.

Before going to the cemetery, we still had to source for a fuse at any open auto supplies store which was a very rare occurrence. Out of the hundred or so auto supplies shops, four were opened and located in different places. We didn't get exactly what we were looking for. We were looking for an 80 ampere male fuse - one has a 120 ampere male fuse, two does not carry it, and the last one has an 80 ampere female fuse. Talk about a match..... Hubby said that the 120 ampere fuse will do for the meantime. After buying it, he said he'd be the one to install it. I was saying that the sales clerk could help him. He has been calling us trying to be helpful. Well, I let hubby have his way. When SC called I had to say a little white lie........

Our trek to the cemetery was fast. BIL called hubby along the way to tell him they were leaving as they needed to go to his wife's Dad leaving MIL, middle daughter, only son, and MIL's assistant. We brought along 4 shih tzu puppies as we wanted to initiate them to the outside world and hubby didn't want them in front so I sat with my eldest daughter at the back with the puppies in between us. We were in the cemetery soon. The puppies had not learned walking on leashes except for our 8-month old teacup pomeranian who goes out with the rest of the adult dogs. When we tried walking the puppies on leashes, they were resisting it. Eldest daughter and I carried the puppies - two for me and one for her and she holding the pomeranian on a leash. Hubby carried the rest of the stuff. What is it about puppies but they were a sight. Everybody was gushing about how cute they are (For the first time, I am using real life photos as the above are actual photos of our puppies, chocknut our tzu and poochie our pom).

We arrived at FIL's resting place. MIL and the kids were having snacks and we joined them. People's attention were still on the puppies. Around us, a couple of families brought their shih tzus too. We spent some time. My son played with the dogs and I fed and gave water to them. Hubby and my daughters lied down on the mat laid out and fell asleep. When they woke up, we said our prayers. My daughters cleaned the tombstone and arranged the flowers. Then we packed our stuff. We set out to go to the car with each one holding something. My son, now carried one of the puppies, I still carried two, and eldest daughter held the pom on leash. We reached the car and loaded all the stuff and everyone took their designated seats.

We headed home. Along the way, we decided to do one last errand....... grocery. Traffic was good and we reached home fast. We had dinner. Then, hubby, middle daughter, and I went to the supermarket. I was so sleepy on the way.

Once at the mall, we tried to find the right fuse for my car....but still no luck. We went to the supermarket and did our shopping. I was too tired and just sat at the gourmet meat area where there is a nook to have snacks. I am the designated bargain look-out and found these eggs selling buy one take one. I grabbed 4 trays as the stocks were fast disappearing and continued to wait. Then, middle daughter and hubby came my way and I joined them from there. After getting everything we need, we headed for the check out counter.

On the way home, I was falling asleep. We arrived home and our helpers helped unload the groceries. I stayed downtairs awhile until everything was in order. We all went to bed immediately.

Given my current state of mind, I don't think I am in the mood to do anything that resembles work today..... I gave up trying to think about being able to accomplish what I want to do. To my household members, I say this.......

Cmon, give me a break......

PS: Sa ngayon, iniisip ko kung papasok ako bukas o hindi. Balak ko kasing gawin yun mga di ko nagawa bukas o di kaya pairalin na lang ang katamaran. Pero mukang di pwede at unang araw ng pasukan bukas.... Banat na naman ng buto......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites