Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ika 24 ng Nobyembre 2008: Emergency


Were it not for my class later, I would just take a leave today. I still have to consume my forced leave which will be deducted from my leave credits whether I use it or not and a special leave I am entitled to. Half of December will be vacation days with the declaration of December 1, 26, and 29 as special non-working holiday..... I might not have an opportunity to take a leave. There were too many things that needs my attention. But then, I wouldn't want to miss my class.

Very early in the morning, one of my helpers asked permission to go to her sister employed in a nearby village due to a medical emergency. Of course, I said yes. MIL was also off to her physical examination due to lab tests required by her doctor. My young helper would be left by herself in the house with the workers. I was a bit apprehensive. I was thinking of going on leave and resetting my class.

By coincidence, my new friend who recommended Ago, my foreman, texted asking for a partner for the bird she bought from us. I called her. After discussing the birds, I told her about my apprehension. She said that she would call Ago.

I was about to leave when Ago came in a motorcycle and in his characteristic manner told me I have nothing to worry about. He said he couldn't work in the morning due to diarrhea...... emergency.... Then, the tile installer said that they need sand and cement to plaster the walls where the tiles will be installed..... another emergency. Ago said we can make use of the remaining sand from the drainage work and just pass it through a sift...... but there was not enough according to the tile installer. The unexpected is the worst I have to deal with so early in the day......

Ago said he would just get the materials on credit from a hardware inside the village. I told him we could just go there and buy the materials. Ago drove me to the hardware in his motorcycle. We bought the needed materials. I wasn't thinking clear when I rode his bike as i was too much in a hurry..... after that I told him I'll just take a tricycle to go the terminal. It was probably the last van when I arrived at the terminal. I tried to read on a reference material for my class tonight but fell asleep.....

I need to take a day off this week to settle things in the house. I have been so preoccupied I have been neglecting some home chores....

PS: Nung weekend, tinatanong na naman ako ng anak kong panaganay bakit wala pa kami decors para sa Pasko... Kung alam na niya excited na excited akong magdecorate at me bago kaming Belen. Ipinaliwanag ko na mahirap magdecorate na me gumagawa sa bahay.

Kaya pinipilit ko si Ago na tapusin na agad at ng maging normal na ulit buhay namin bago magpasko.... Marami pa talaga ipapagawa at kung gagawin lahat baka lumagpas pa sa Pasko...... at lumagpas pa sa budget ko......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ay naku maalikabukan kapag naglagay agad ng decor at may construction sa bahay.

brainchild said...

oo nga eh. pero excited na din ako magdecorate talaga.... me bago kasi ako belen

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites