Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ika 13 ng Nobyembre 2008

I was preparing for work this morning when I got this text from a recent acquiantance, maybe a potential casual friend in the village. The relationship started when she bought the first clutch of our African Love Birds. She would again buy our extra pair of finches and probably some Africans again soon. In the last transaction, she mentioned to me that she recently bought a house in another subdivision and is renovating it. With this information and my frustration in finding a plumber to fix our @$%&***&%## drainage system, I texted her yesterday if she knows of one who can do the job. Luckily, she did..... after asking about the requirement, she said that she would bring one to my house today.

The plumbing disaster started during the monsoon season after we moved back home two years ago upon its completion. One rainy day, the powder room began flooding. I told my contractor and my brother whose team prepared the house plan about this. My brother suspected that the old pipes may have been reused and he was right. My contractor's reason is we told him that everything that can be salvaged or reused from the old house may be used for the new structure. I didn't know he (my contractor) does not have the cerebral ability to know which can be reused or not..... or did he undercut so as not to diminish his profits. There could have been other undercutting by my contractor which I have yet to discover but this plumbing problem has been giving me headache as my whole household complains like I caused it or I could remedy it.

The first time the flooding happened, the contractor sent his people who remedy it by clearing the clogged drainage. It solved the problem temporarily as after some months, it happened again. I called somebody else to fix the problem but he warned that the pipes might need replacement....... It's going to be a big job as they would have to dig through concrete structures.... Oh no! It will cut through my zen garden and the garage. Faced with the hard decision, we told him to first clear it out and we will see. He was able to clear out the whole drainage system and it was working again. But we agreed that in due time, we would have to face the sticky problem.

It's not only the inconvenience but more importantly we face tough financial problems and this would definitely put a dent in our meager resources. However, it has reached a point that we need to face the problem at hand face on..... and we need to find the quickest solution. First is the funds. We decided to avail of a loan from a bank primarily to finance the balance from hubby's old car that he will buy from his company. We intend to resell that car with the proceeds going to various competing family needs. As usual, I am the designated fund manager and I have decreed that the drainage is top priority. All other house repairs and improvements hinge on having this problem solved.

Hubby tried calling the contractor but got no reply which I expected. Our other options must be tied up with other projects. So I was thankful enough that my new friend brought this plumber to us this morning.

I quickly finished my shower when I heard the dogs barking. I knew it was them. My helper came up to tell me and I told her I'd be coming down. I quickly dressed up and came out approaching my new friend who was in our garage looking at our birds. The plumber was outside. My friend immediate told me that the man is trustworthy and can be left in the house. He said that he is her handyman. However she said that he has speech defect from a cleft lip which I have already noticed when I looked at him. That should be no problem I assured her as it won't interfere with his work. After the introduction, my friend left the plumber with me.

I led him to the back portion of our house where the flooding is eminent. I showed and explained to him which areas are serviced by the drainage system. After his initial assessment, we agreed he would return for a more thorough inspection on Saturday (Yehey!). Suddenly, I have hope.

I have been desperate about this problem for a long time. The problem that a defective drainage system brings may just be the tip of the iceberg (I am crossing my fingers on this and asking for Divine Intervention at the same time.). I am an optimistic person but whenever the house in not in order I lose steam and despair. The house may not be the mansion that we all dream about but it the home we labor for and where we want love to flourish and to build our dreams.

With a consistent tardy record this week, I ask for understanding from my superiors as I have to put order in my home.........

PS: Kahapon nakipagkita ako sa isang tao na binibilihan ko ng mga kainan ng mga aso ko. Mga lumang kainan ito ng aso niya na gawa sa stainless. Nakuha ko sa mababang halaga kaya binili ko na lahat ng kainan niya. Pangalawa na namin transaksyon ito. Nakilala ko ang taong ito sa pamamagitan ng sulit.com.ph.

Maraming beses na ako nakipagtransaksyon sa iba't ibang tao para sa mga alaga naming hayop sa iba't ibang online sites. Malaki ang tsansang maloko ka rin kung hindi ka maingat. Pero hindi pa naman nangyayari sa akin. Karaniwan pa nga nakakagaanan ko ng loob ang mga katransaksiyon ko at mahihilig din sa hayop. Nakakatuwa din na pareho kayo ng hilig. At sa hindi ko maipaliwag na dahilan komportable akong makipag-usap sa kanila at marami pa akong natututunanan. Naituto ko na rin sa asawa ko ang ganitong paraan ng transaksiyon para naman sa alaga niyang ibon. Aba at kung dati rati lagi ako ang katransaksiyon, ngayon ay nakakapagsolo na siya. Hmmmmm.....natuto na.

Itong kausap ko nakagaanan loob ko na rin at ilan beses na rin akong inalok ng mga gamit o aso niya. Naikwento niya sa akin na paalis na siya papuntang Dubai para dun na magtrabaho at magkasama na sila ng asawa niya. Kaya ibinenbenta na niya ang mga gamit at alaga niya. Nung una namin usapan, nabanggit niya na meron siyang shih tzu na buntis. Kahapon, naikwento niya na nanganak na at natuwa ako para sa kanya. Pero sinabi niya na namatay din ang dalawa sa tatlong anak matapos ang isang araw. Baka daw nakagat ng langgam. Wala kasi siya sa bahay at baka daw napabayaan. Sabi niya sayang daw at pera na yun. Pero idinagdag niya na naiyak siya sa pagkamatay ng tuta.

Naisip ko hindi lang siguro pera kaya siya nalungkot at naiyak pa. Parang masyadong macho ang lalaking ito para umiyak sa pagkamatay ng tuta. Pero ganyan nga yata pag nahilg na sa hayop kasi nag-iiba na ang tingin mo sa nilalang na ito ng Diyos. Bigla mo na lang mapapansin pag nakakaramdam ka ng pag-aalala sa kanila na parang mga anak mo na rin.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites