Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ika 7 ng Nobyembre 2008


Just when I thought I am over the euphoria on the historic Obama win and think that the hard issues now need to be addressed......... Iraq and Afghanistan wars, recently the Congo refugees, the continuing financial crisis, US presence in Asia, maybe global warming...... then I am seeing dogs and puppies of all kinds gracing early morning shows and news coverage of the recently concluded US election. And why is that so?

That was coming when President-elect Obama uttered in his victory speech".....Sasha and Malia, I love you both so much, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House............" I knew instantly that would be the next media fodder along with Michelle's dress during the victory address, Palin's $150,000 wardrobe, and other incidentals........ Suddenly, the search is on for the first puppy.

Trivial pursuit is the name of the game. It's maddening how media can talk about dogs in a world full of despair. I am a dog-lover so I don't really mind but something hit me as I watched these talk show hosts displaying puppies and dogs of all kinds in their shows and I'm turned off. I actually find Obama's consenting to his daughters' request heart-warming showing that beyond the all-too powerful figure he suddenly is right now, he is still the father of two adoring kids. I know we have not seen the end of this..... watch how media will play up this angle in the coming days. That's why our world have gone to the dogs...... apologies to my favorite canine creatures. I think it's time to switch back to regular programming........

I hope Obama is not the type who gives in to this.... but I have seen him danced and so did Michelle in the Ellen Degeneres Show.... Ellen even commented that Michelle is the better dancer. President Obama if you could please cut out the show and get back to business.... you have a world to take care of and some very hard decisions to make.

But should you need a first puppy, I would be very much willing to have you adopt any of my puppies; Toby, Chocknut, or Meiji or even all three, in that way you have a first puppy, a second puppy, and a third puppy. We have been looking for a good home for them and the White House and its grounds will surely be to their liking. I am sure too that the puppies will have first nannies as well. While we are at it, I'd like to mention the other animals in my abode.... our fishes, rabbits, birds, hamsters, and chickens.... all too willing to be adopted by the 44th President of the US.

I ask for nothing in return..... just a chance to visit my animals annually and whenever the need arises. So please give immigrant status to me and my family and our next of kins, President Obama. And if it wouldn't be asking too much, our neighbors and perhaps the whole barangay would appreciate getting multiple ten-year visas too.

Well, if you can't lick 'em, join 'em.....

PS: Biyernes pero me pasok sa eskwelahan. Sarap pa naman maglakwatsa kasama mga kaibigan. Pero ganito talaga ang buhay....... kailangan kumayod...... walang magagawa. Kaya walang gimik ngayon araw ng gimikan sa isang hamak na manggagawa......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites