Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ika 30 ng Nobyembre 2008: Mensa IQ Challenge

Brainchild's break..... Bonifacio day.......

The workers took the day off as well. I thought Ago and another worker were going to landscape my garden but they did not report for work. I am disappointed as that means further delay in the work..... But hubby said they also need a break.... it's a Sunday, even God rested on Sabbath Day. I should be more understanding....

The trip to the Star Theater last night was chaotic. The travel was fast but once we reached CCP complex, the Star City in particular where the Star Theater is located, my parking nightmare began. My friend hitched with us and good thing that she is quite assertive as she asked the security personnel to direct us to the parking area and mildly bullied anybody who stood in the way of our parking. But there were so many buses and people, it's like driving through a flock that Moses led to the Promised Land.... I had to maneuver at very difficult angles which put my driving skills to the test. Finally, we spotted a very hard to find parking slot but I had to squeeze in between two buses on the right side and a car beside the parking space while avoiding a head on collision with a bus going out. Through the bullying, I mean assistance of my friend who cleared the way of ambulant vendors, I was able to squeeze hubby's old car which I used to advertise it in the very tight spot. Whew! My friend, a so-so driver by her own admission, profusely praised my superb driving skills.

The parking dilemma delayed us and Hairspray started by the time we reached Star Theater. We could only enter the venue after the first number. Finally, we were let in and ushered to our seat. A former colleague from the old school where I taught was already there. My friend who still teaches in the same school gifted him with ticket for his birthday and Christmas.

Hairspray is a performance delight .... Tracy... Amber et al all gave a rousing performance that kept the audience glued the entire time. Michael De Mesa gave a respectable performance. BTW, she looks like a plump Rosemary Gil. Nyoy Bolante was a cool dude who not only sang magnificently but the guy has the right moves. His love interest looks like Sarah Geronimo after her transformation. Dulce, as expected, brought the house down. I don't know the rest of the characters even the lead stars but they surely delivered the goods. If you have time and money to spare, you sure will have a one and a half hours on good non-stop entertainment.

Later today, we are going to Fully Booked to take the Mensa Test. I am not sure I qualify as a genius, the real reason I would be there to take it is to accompany my eldest daughter. I encouraged her to take the test. Since I am driving her to the venue, I might as well take it. Who knows I might be joining Sharon Stone, Geena davis et al to the elite club. Anyway if I don't make it, this is the last you will hear of it. Passing it would be another matter of course :)

MENSA was founded in England in 1946 by Sir Roland Berrill, a barrister, and Dr. Lance Ware, a scientist and lawyer. They had the idea of forming a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership of which was a high IQ. The original aims were, as they are today, to create a society that is non-political and free from all racial or religious distinctions. The society welcomes people from every walk of life whose IQ is in the top 2% of the population, with the objective of enjoying each other's company and participating in a wide range of social and cultural activities.


Wish me and my daughter luck.......

PS: Bukas kukunin na ng bird breeder na kaswap ko si Chocknut pero parang gusto ko na bumack out. Pero sabi ng asawa ko na nakipag-usap na ako...... Nalulungkot kasi ako na bigay yun aso na inalagaan ko at napamahal na sa kin. Totoo naman na pumayag na ako. Binigyan ko ng kondisyon ng palitan na akala ko hindi niya ibibigay pero binigay niya kaya napasubo na ako. Pangit din na magback out ako. Nakakalungkot talaga na mababawasan ang mga alaga namin. Sa ibang bahay na siya magpapasko.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites