Friday, November 21, 2008

Ika 23 ng Nobyembre 2008: To Do or Not to Do

Brainchild's break....

Two of the workers showed up today.... The aviary area was cleared and it was prepared for installation of tiles tomorrow. The birds are going to have a nice home soon.

The house has been in disarray since last week. I am overwhelmed by the clutter and dirt all over the place. Even the inside of the house is dusty. But I guess we better bear with it for its long term benefits. The drainage work is done..... The stench is gone......yipeeee..... no more stench..... my powder room is useable again.... yay!

In my talk with my foreman, Ago, yesterday, he asked if I might want to improve my zen garden. He suggested taking down the small bridge and putting extension to the koi pond passing under a new bridge that would be constructed..... sounds cool and I am excited. I asked if it will cost much. He said not really.... An imagery formed in my head and I like what I see.

We have informally agreed that they will continue the work on the installation of tiles and the termite treatment. He told me that they can also do our gate giving some very nice suggestion like an addition of a pergola on the small gate. I told him that I am thinking of installing tiles on the garage wall and he suggested using old wood for a rustic look..... hmmmmm. Sounds pretty cool....... He said we can even make use of scrap wood.

We bought the tiles for the aviary and kitchen at the factory of Eurotiles in Silang, Cavite yesterday afternoon ..... quite a long drive but the travel was smooth and fast. One thing about me is I like to ensure that money and time are not wasted if I have to drive that long. I wanted to buy every tile that I see forgetting I have limited funds. When the salesperson gave me my bill, I was short. I even borrowed money from my foreman. I was still short in cash so I told the salesperson to just remove some tiles. It was their closing time when we finished the transaction. Waiting for our order took some time. We came home early evening making me missed hearing mass with the family.

Shortly after arriving home, hubby, MIL, and kids arrived from the church. Ago and I were on the way to his boss's home where he stays. He would show me his work on the gate and the landscaping. Hubby joined us. His boss was not home but I think he is like the caretaker of the house. It turned out that he lives in a house I admire. I pass by that house many times as it is along the main road. The facade has been slowly transformed.... it has a rustic and laid back look. It is really nice. Hubby didn't like the capiz window treatment. We both like the pergola atop the man gate. That is going to be our look too.

I told hubby about Ago's suggestion on the koi pond. He is not very keen on it as he said we would just disturb the fish and it's just a waste of money. I thought about it and maybe he's right. We haven't sold the hubby's car and I might deplete my very limited funds and not be able to do the essentials. So I put on the brakes a bit. I have thae tendency to go overboard if I don't watch it. When it comes to the house, I can easily be swayed. This is the reason why we have not completed it.....

The work continues....... we need to sell the car fast as money will be short soon.......

PS: Sa byahe namin para bumili ng tiles ay nakilala ko si Ago, ang foreman ko na nagkwento ng kanyang buhay. Bagama't hirap akong maintindihan minsan ang pananalita niya, naging eye opener ang kwento niya sa akin.

Hindi typical na trabahador si Ago. Nakatungtong sa kolehiyo at nakatapos ng vocational sa TESDA. Makwento siyang tao kaya naman naaliw din ako sa byahe na yun. Sinabi niya na marami na siyang napasukan. Marami na rin siyang naging negosyo. Marami din daw siyang barkada. Me kapatid siyang me kaya na nakatira sa village namin. Pinatititra naman daw siya ng kapatid subalit parang ayaw ng asawa nito na isang banyaga. Kung kaya dun siya naninirahan sa bahay ng boss niya.

Masayahin tao si Ago kahit na me kapansanan. Me pride .... ayaw lalamangan.... matapang din... at di mangingiming sabihin ang saloobin. Sa trabaho, me mga naengkwentro siyang boss na nandadaya sa pamamagitan ng di pagreremit ng mga kontribusyon nila sa SSS. Nilalabanan niya ang sistema pero ayaw ng mga kasama niya. Umaalis na lang daw siya pag di na niya gusto ang kalakaran. Minsan siya naman ang napapaalis.

Wala rin daw nangyayari sa negosyo niya at karaniwan inuutang ng mga kaibigan ang mga itinitinda niya. Kaya lagi sa konstruksyon siya bumabalik. Sa trabaho na niya natutunan ang mga alam niya niya. Sa dami ng alam niya, mukang siya na ang gagawa ng lahat ng kailangan gawin sa bahay.

Isang linggo na nagtratrabaho si Ago at ang mga tauhan niya sa amin. Madali naman siyang makapalagayan ng loob. Sana ay maging mabuti ang kahihinatnan ng trabaho niya sa amin. Ako yun tao na gusto ko palagay ang loob ko sa taong nagtratrabaho sa akin. Marami na rin akong nasubukan na mga trabahador at bihira na yun napagkakatiwalaan ngayon mga panahon na ito, Sana ay isa si Ago sa mga ito...... para maging mahaba ang serbisyo niya sa amin. Sa bahay naman lagi me kailangan ipagawa kaya kung marunong magmalasakit at mapagkakatiwalaan ang trabahador, sigurado na di siya mawawalan ng trabaho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang ganda naman ng color combination ng powder room mo. I like the black accents, makes it look elegant.

brainchild said...

hindi yan ang powder room ko, medyo kamuka. black and white ang color combination ko pero mukang makokopya ko yan picture ng powder room na yan soon.... hehehe

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites