Friday, November 21, 2008

Ika 22 ng Nobyembre 2008; Home Improvement

Brainchild's break........



I am waiting for the workers to find out if the work will be finished today. The pipes have been laid and covered with soil except for one pipe. I think the drainage job will be over today.

There are still work to be done. I have contacted our electrician to add some electrical outlets outside and putting up our lantern. I hope we could buy some Christmas lights as my kids always wanted to have some every Christmas. In the old house, we had some Christmas lights but we haven't put up lights since we moved back to our new home. I don't want lights inside the house as I have this fear that it can be a fire hazard. Some of the worst fires have been triggered by defective Christmas lights. The daughter of Congressman Joe De Venecia, KC, perished in a fire caused by their Christmas lights. I always have that grim reminder so I refuse to use these blinkers inside my house.

Hubby's aviary might just be set up sooner than expected. I am buying tiles for this and the auxiliary kitchen later. As soon as the drainage work is over, the workers will start installing tiles in the aviary area and the rest of the auxiliary kitchen. I have been disappointed with the look of my auxiliary kitchen. The floor tiles I chose looked so dark and retains water residue. That would be replaced and the untiled portions of the kitchen will be fully covered. I think that a kitchen tiled wall to wall would look sparklingly clean. It would also make cleaning up easy.

I asked my daughters last night whether they prefer to have window screens to ward mosquitoes and other insects or the gate for our security and privacy. These were the things sacrificed when we ran out of funds building our home. Well, they prefer to have the gate. I have also contacted a shop for this purpose. The shop owner is actually our bird cage maker as well. He told us he used to be in the iron and steel works business but found bigger opportunity in bird cage making as there is lesser competition. He still does iron and steel work occasionally. He told me he would come to the house yesterday to measure and look at the work and make a design for us.

The termite treatment has been started by the workers. Luckily, my foreman has the equipment to do this. I think that they have treated the ground they dug on yesterday as I see dead cockroaches in the area. I was told by the salesperson that cockroaches and other insects are also killed by the treatment.

There was this exhibit of Filipino inventions I found a Mapecon distributor booth at the Philippine Trade Training Center (PTTC), the venue of the seminar, yesterday. They were selling termite treatment and it's cheaper than the one I bought at Ace Hardware. I bought this termite treatment for wood which is in powder form. The saleslady claimed it's very effective. Well, Mapecon has been in business for a long time.... I trust that their products will be effective.

It looks like our home will be much improved this Christmas and I am looking forward to that. Our pets would also be in a nicer environment and could have freer access to the garden. Maybe, we would be inviting more friends and relatives to our home this season....

PS: Kahapon tinakasan ko na ang training pagkatapos magpresent ng ginawa naming trabaho ng mga kagrupo ko dahil me klase pa ako. Nagmamadali ako at mag-aalas singko na...... 4:30 ang klase ko. Me mga barker ng pasahero ng bus paglabas mismo ng PTTC. Marami kasing tao dahil me exhibit. Tinanong ko kung me bus na pa-Ayala at tyempo na me bus na nakalagay LRT Ayala na tinuro ng barker. Sakay ako agad.

Pagdating sa kanto lumiko ang bus pakanan... nagtaka ako pero inisip ko mag-UU turn ito.... Dumerecho ang bus.... Pero malapit na ang EDSA kaya naisip ko liliko dun ang bus. Pero umakyat sa flyover ang bus.... Hay naku, pupunta pa pala Baclaran.

Di na ako nakatiis... tinanong ko yun katabi ko kung pupunta ba yun bus ng Ayala, Nagulat siya at sinabi niya sa Baclaran papunta ang bus. Sumama ang muka ko.... Pero sinabi niya na papunta din naman Ayala ang bus.... Ahhh, ok.

Nag-uturn ang bus paglagpas ng simbahan ng Baclaran. Bumaba na lahat ang mga tao. Tinitignan ako ng konduktor at driver. Tinanong ko kung pupunta ng Ayala. Parang gulat na gulat sila. Sabi ko nakalagay kasi LRT Ayala. Umakma akong bababa na nung bumaba ang driver para manigarilyo. Sinabihan niya ako na papunta na rin sila Ayala..... kaya hindi na ako bumaba. Tinanggap ko na na malelate ako sa klase ko. Nagtext ako sa administrador namin para sabihin na mahuhuli ako at paghintayin ang mga bata....

Bakit ba kung kelan nagmamadali nangyayari ang mga ganito?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

andaming maintenance sa bahay ano? at minsan darating ang mga maintenance na yan ng sabay sabay. oh life, talaga naman!

brainchild said...

totoo yan... bakit nga ba ganyan ang life natin.... dumadating pa minsan yan pag wala ka pera.....

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites