Monday, November 3, 2008

Ika 4 ng Nobyembre 2008


This is the day that history will be made for Americans as they cast their votes to elect their 44th President. Even as the rest of the world go about their usual business and routines, we are watching the event unfolds.

As the veteran McCain tries a last ditch effort to win the coveted position, all indications point to a win by the idealistic Obama. Propagandists from both camps are pulling all plugs to the homestretch of this election. I have not seen an election so closely watched by everyone. Even my son has made his choice which was influenced by my brother. As it is, we are rooting for opposing candidates. I am not embracing the entire platform of each candidate hook, line, and sinker. There are certainly some agenda on each side that run counter to some of my beliefs and values.......that cannot change. I might be choosing the lesser of two evils from my perspective. But my greater motivation in the choice that I made stems from my fear of a world in shambles and a desire to have a world at peace where rights and individuality are respected. I have not seen war at its face in my lifetime but I have seen enough oppression to want peace at all cost. Peaceful co-existence does not have to be the sole look-out of one superpower. If a candidate shares that point of view, then I am for him.

We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers....... Martin Luther King


I was quite disappointed when I reached the office and couldn't access my blogger account. It happened a number of times when I wanted badly to write about something and the ideas are flowing out like lava......then I experienced this...... By the time I was able to access my account, I lost my momentum as I was doing something else. So the writing takes on a different turn as I have lost track of the train of thought. Oh well, technology can't be perfect....

By the same token, technology would allow us to know who the next President of the most powerful country will be in less than 24 hours. Whoever gets elected to that unenviable position, may your shoulders be broad enough to carry the world. As tough decisions need to be made in tough times, do use your heart and mind in deciding for the world.....

Please cast a conscientious vote! The world is watching..... I have secretly cast my vote for a change which remains the same to this date.

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS............ Mohandas Gandhi


PS: Papasok sa opisina, sumakay ako ng jeepney papunta sa Alabang kung saan sasakay ako ng bus. Nagbayad ako kaagad ng sampung piso. Bago ako, me nagbayad na rin na babae na humihingi ng sukli sa drayber. Yun kasabay ko na nagbayad ng singkwenta pesos, sinuklian agad ng drayber. Naghintay ako sukli kaya di ko pa pinasok sa bag ang lagayan ko ng barya...... parang walang paki ang drayber. Di ako nakatiis kaya hiningi ko rin ang sukli ko na binigay naman.

Yun mga ganyang gimik ng drayber ilan beses din nagyari sa kin o sa ibang pasahero. Minsan nahihiya na ako o yun iba na kunin kasi barya lang naman yun sukli. Pero minsan parang nakakainis din na bale wala lang sa kanila na di ka suklian. Mabuti man lang sana kung sinabi niya na wala siyang barya. Pero hindi parang wala siyang obligasyon na suklian kami. Minsan pa paririnigan ka pa na barya lang naman hinihingi pa.

Kung sa ganyan kaliit na halaga di nila kayang maging tapat, paano pa sa malalaking halaga. Kaya pag nakakabalita ako ng mga drayber ng pampublikong sasakyan na nagbabalik ng naiwan na gamit o pera, natutuwa ako at meron pa rin palang matitinong drayber.


Related post:
America votes

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites