Monday, November 10, 2008

Ika 11 ng Nobyembre 2008

I am really hoping nothing big is expected today. The leeches, I mean people, are not here starting today. Please, no call from the top.......

Last night, I attended this talk on "The Law of Abundance". I didn't have any idea what it was. I just thought it sounded interesting enough. Maybe, it will teach me how to make money which is not a bad thing. Or it could teach me how to be wise about spending which is also ok. Coming from the office, I walked to the venue just before 7:00pm. When I arrived at the venue, I was with people in white headed for same floor. I knew I'd with them and thought that I must be in the wrong seminar. But too late to back out now specially when an officemate, one of the organizers and perhaps a ranking member of the group, ushered me to my seat. The entire ballroom was filled. I decided to text my friend to come as I knew she would be interested in this things...... and so I would have somebody to endure the two-hour talk. I have nothing against this way of life, it's not just for me. I have never been into yoga and meditation. Still, common courtesy dictated that I should stay. For that stay to be bearable, my friend has to share the burden. The talk started promptly...... a woman in white looking so serene was introduced. She spoke so calmly that I was falling asleep the entire one and a half hours. My friend seemed to be enjoying herself and was even telling me about this book on "chakra" she is reading. She was pissed when I couldn't relate. The woman spoke for more than one hour and a Q&A portion ensued which is more like a sharing.... then, we were asked to meditate which i couldn't do. I can't close my eyes and pretend to meditate.....At the end, we were asked to form two lines as we would meet Sister (I forgot her name) and get our souvenir. My friend wanted to line up and I just wanted to go home. But I gave way to her. The line was hardly moving and I told her we should just go. Reluctantly, she said ok. We parted ways to go home.

I had to call hubby on the way home. I was tired and my back was killing me and I didn't want to walk. I was also too tired to argue with unscrupulous tricycle drivers who overcharge hapless passengers..... so I asked hubby to wait for me. I told him to hang around in the neighborhood sari-sari store, eat barbeque in the nearby stall and hobnob with Manang. He texted that Manang is not there. Manang is our balut vendor stationed in the sari-sari store. I am not sure if she owns the store. Being Cebuana, she would also sell us Lechon Cebu sometimes. At times, she would be gone a long while and my kids would miss her delicious balut sa puti. She told us that she stays in Cebu at times. Maybe, that explains her absence these days.

When I arrived, hubby was buying ice cream and blamed me for his impulse purchase as he had to wait for me. We had dinner as soon as we got home and called the girls for ice cream. My son was fast asleep. After dinner, hubby checked on his new passion and feeling complete went upstairs. I lingered awhile and waited until my helper finished her chores. I put the dogs in their sleeping area and went upstairs too. A stomach problem kept me in the bathroom for some time. I was so sleepy when I went to bed.

I had to sleep some more in the van I rode to work this morning. Everything was quiet when I arrived in the office since most of the leeches, errrrrrrrr people, are gone. Maybe, I can sleep some more..... I wish that the PC can be put on auto mode just like a plane on auto pilot...... maybe, I should just record typing on a keyboard and play it over and over again...... but that is bad......

PS: Yun klase ko sana kagabi, ngayon ko na lang gagawin dahil sa pagpunta ko sa seminar. Parang ito pa rin yun unang araw ng klase at nung isang linggo iisang estudyante lang ang pumasok. Naghahanap pa rin ako ng libro o kahit anong informasyon para sa subject na ito. Kung bakit naman kasi batas sa Inglatera ang aaralin namin... dito naman magnenegosyo yun mga estudyante.... Hindi naman ako makareklamo at syempre sino ba naman ako kundi isang hamak na parttimer lamang ng eskwelahan na yon. Kaya susundin ko na lang, di ba.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

totoo nga na ang mga business subject sa atin ay di particular na ituro ang Pinoy version ng pagnenegosyo. Kaya tuloy nagsisipag ibayong dagat ang mga gradweyt natin. Obserbasyon lang naman ito base sa experyensya. Kung gusto talaga ng mga entrepreneur na maging mahusay sa negosyo sa atin, karagdagang pananaliksik pa ang gagawin at minsa'y karagdagang pag-aaral.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amor, sensya na, nag post ka pala ng comment sa blog ko mga 3 months ago by tagging pero ngayon ko lamang na na-akismet pala. As always, i make it a habit to drop by and read your posts. Yung bago mong fren na SG, sana tuloy tuloy na yon.

brainchild said...

@ Mahalia
oo nga eh. yun ngang batas ng pagnenegosyo sa atin, di pa maisaulo, yun batas pa kaya ng ibang bansa. paano naman maeengganyo na magtayo ng negosyo dito sa atin kung ganon.

brainchild said...

Hello dfish,
walang kaso yun. talagang minsan nakakligtaan natin yun ganyan. nangyayari rin sa akin. salamat sa lagi mong pagdalaw. ako rin naman lagi rin nadalaw sa blog mo.

yun SG pala sobrang bonding na kami at nacocompleto ang araw ko tuwing dadaan ako sa kanya. Kagabi nga binibiro pa ako hehehe

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites