Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ika 6 ng Nobyembre 2008

So early in the morning and so many errands.....

I had to accompany my eldest daughter to school for her enrollment. She obtained a student's loan and a parent has to sign the promissory note as co-maker. The enrollment for the second term is ill-timed. The balance of her bother's tuition has to be paid as well. Only middle daughter's tuition was paid in full. The only money in sight is the Christmas bonus and 13th month-pay pay to be given way too late for enrollment. So we had to source for the lowest short-term credit we could find. Relatives and friends are in the same predicament. Everyone has a child attending school. Only option is bank and other financial institutions who charges not so friendly interest rates..... the woes of a working class parent with the obligation to give their children the best education they can afford..... only sometimes we go overboard in ensuring that our children get a good headstart in life. Unfortunately, companies here look at schools in hiring employees.

Fortunately for us, UP Manila extends student's loan at very low rates. And we wouldn't pass on this one. This is the second time that my daughter will avail of this loan which is paid promptly when hubby receives his Christmas windfall...... which explain why we can't have a very merry Christmas. To godchildren, nieces, and nephews, friends, and loved one, I hope you understand why sometimes you don't see us during Christmas......

By next year my eldest daughter will enter Medicine Proper...... I often wonder how we will breeze through her next 5 years in school with middle daughter entering college two years after and thinking about taking medicine too .... It sucks that UP's Socialized Tuition Fee assistance Program penalizes middle class like me. The 300% tuition fee increase hurt us but we accepted it as I also believe that UP's cost of education is way too low. What I cannot accept is having to pay 150% more for falling above a certain income bracket. The income bracketing needs serious review. That particular income level has been eroded by inflation not to mention that it fails to consider other circumstances like number of children and other family expenditure like rent, medical fees, and basic necessities. It's a school known for her brilliant economists. I know because I am also a product of its School of Economics. My former professor and ex-NEDA chief, Dr. Felipe Medalla authored the STFAP. Why don't you do us, struggling working class, a favor and review the scheme. I am taking a strong position on this because we are affected.

From UP, I had to pass my own school to submit my final grades and get my check for the review exams I conducted. I was there lunch time and had to tete-a-tete with some people. As a result, I was late even for the afternoon portion of work.

I still went to the office as I was waiting for somebody sent by my banker friend who will pick up important documents from me in connection with another loan we are applying for...... He didn't come and totally mess up my schedule. That means that has to be squeeze in tomorrow.........aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh

I might as well file today as a leave....... I can't even have work-life balance..... something's gotta to give....

PS: Me bagyo na naman..... si Quinta at di maintindihan ang panahon. Nung umalis kami ng anak ko ng bahay, umuulan kaya nakajacket kami. Pagdating namin sa eskwelahan, umaaraw naman at ang init. Nung papunta na ako ng eskwelahan ko, makulimlim pero mainit. Habang nasa eskwelahan, umulan. Pag labas ko umaambon, maya maya umaaraw. Nang makarating ako opisina, maaraw na. Nang sumilip ako sa labas umuulan na naman. Makulimlim nagyon malapit na uwian. Makauwi na nga lang at di ko na talaga magets ang panahon........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites