Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ika 14 ng Nobyembre 2008: To Decorate or Not

It's Friday and I am thinking about what to do this weekend. Hubby has been all agog in his bird searching lately and want to go to some breeders this weekend. We have been doing that the past two weekends.

I remember my eldest daughter asking me why we have not set up our Christmas tree and decorated our home for the yuletide. In fact, I just took off our miniscule halloween decor last weekend. Last year, I put on the Christmas tree and decors as soon as I blew out the candle on All Soul's Day. This year, I haven't decided yet...... That drainage problem is messing up my schedule. But I also have to heed my family's request and put a mood of festivities at home. That drainage has to be fixed at all cost!

I am getting tired of our Christmas decors after two years. I bought the Christmas tree and the trimmings two years ago after we moved back to our home two days before Christmas. The house was still a mess as it was not finished yet. Our contractor made two rooms and two toilet and bath in the second floor useable. The Christmas tree was a surprise for my son who wanted a big tree. Our old one would be too small for the new house. Robinson's Galleria had a sale on Christmas tree and decors at 50% off the original price..... quite a bargain I thought. So I bought the tree and decors.

Inspite of the mess, my daughters and I put the Christmas tree a day before Christmas. We couldn't even cook as the kitchen sink and the stove had not been installed yet. We ate in the mall lunch and dinner and my children were craving for home-cooked meal. We didn't have much that Christmas as we probably spent every penny on the house and the expenses kept on coming...... But we had a tree...... our first big Christmas tree. That probably made us feel Christmas in an environment of disarray. I remember an old student of mine bringing a box of apples and wading through our stuff to find me in one of the rooms.

Last year, I had time in my hands to really decorate. I bought some more decors and trimmings in every bazaars and tyangge in town. I had more time to scrounge through our old stuff and put aside decors I can still use. I gave my old Christmas tree to my brother. I lost our Nativity Set to theft by the people of my contractor. I was saddened by this because that Nativity Set along with the old Christmas tree had been with us for all our Christmases in our old house. I would have wanted to preserve the Nativity Set for sentimental reasons and because I considered that one of my better finds in a tyangge. The figures are made of resin but are very exquisitely made. I still have the wooden stable where I put the figures. I have been trying hard to find a good replacement since last year but still no luck..... either the set I find are not to my liking or I couldn't afford it. I am waiting for a tyangge I always go to every year and will scout for one. I hope to find a nice and reasonably-priced nativity set.

This year, my enthusiasm for decorating is at an all time low. I had major repairs and improvements that need to be done pronto. I want those work done before I even start getting my Christmas stuff out. We are searching for a good place for the tree as last year our male shih tzu, Moshi, made the decors his chew toys. With more mutts in the house which I am thinking of stationing outside once I have their place put in order with limited access inside, I am afraid the tree will be bald even before we partake of our Noche Buena. Then I find our motiff of bronze, orange, and gold a little drab now. I think I want more colors this holiday. My sex and the city set will have our Christmas get together at home. Hubby's siblings go to the house on Christmas day since MIL lives with us. My own siblings go to the house towards the new year. Other friends are expected to drop by unexpectedly.

So shall I decorate this weekend? Probably I'll delay it a little until after the drainage work is done.... next week would be a good target.

For now, I should stop thinking about my weekend chores as I still have a school to attend later.......

(Note: Beginning with this post, I will be putting subtitle in my daily blog "One Day Isang Araw" whenever necessary. I got this information that a reader's inability to find something useful or interesting in your blog site could be one of 10 Mistakes that could be Killing your Blog. I figure that the subtitle could make a search for something easier. I have also experienced difficulty in searching for some information within my own blog.)

PS: Ang galing naman mg ad ng Cebu Pacific na me tagline na "Unfare ba kami" at "Proud to be unfare" para sa kanilang mga budget fares sa iba't ibang bansa. Isa ang Cebu Pacific sa mga kumpanya na naging mabilis ang pagasenso nitong nakaraang dekada. Kung maaalala natin, hindi maganda ang reputasyon ng Cebu Pacific dahil sa mga aksidente ng mga eroplano nito. Subali't itinaguyod ito ng mga Gokongwei para maging pangalawang pinakamalaking kumpanya ng mga panghimpapawid na byahe. Dati pag me byahe kami sa trabaho, sinasabihan ko ang nag-aayos ng byahe namin na ayaw ko sumakay sa eroplano ng Cebu Pacific. Ngayon, sinabi ng isang dati kong boss dito na isa ng commercial trade attache na mas bago daw ang mga eroplano ng Cebu Pacific kesa sa Philippine Airlines, nangungunang kumpanya ng panghimpapawid na byahe. Maganda rin ang naging resulta nito kasi napigilan ang pagiging monopoly ng PAL na nakabuti sa ating mga pasahero. Ngayon nagmumurahan ang mga airfare patungo sa iba't ibang lugar. Pambili na lang ng tiket ang problema natin.

Hindi pa ako nakasakay sa eroplano ng Cebu Pacific pero palagay ko ay masusubok ko ang pagkaunfare nila pag natuloy na kami ng mga anak ko sa aming pagpunta kay Dayap na matagal na me imbitasyon sa amin

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites