Friday, October 31, 2008

Ika 1 ng Nobyembre 2008


Brainchild's break..........This is the day we officially honor our dead.

Our household was busy since yesterday. I briefly saw MIL's assistant in the kitchen preparing food for today. When we came home, the utensils were laid out in our breakfast nook and the barbecue marinated inside our fridge.

I woke up early and went to our study room, turned on the PC, and do the usual thing. I was lost blogging and blog-hopping when MIL appeared from behind distraught. She told me that it was 5:30am and no one is still doing anything. Her assistant hasn't arrived yet. My helpers were outside... one brought the dogs out to do their thing and the other one was doing the laundry. I asked her what's the problem? She said that my brother in law and his family will arrive soon and they need to go to the cemetery early. I said it's so early and they prepared everything. Besides, it was raining and she should give some allowance to her assistant. I assured her they know what to do and she should just calm down. She explained that brother and in and family would leave early at the cemetery because they need to visit the wife's Dad as well. I understood but told her that everything will be done and if it's a little late, a little waiting won't hurt. She wemt back to her room.

Soon, her assistant arrived and I told her. The kitchen is now a-buzz. Hubby is still sleeping and so are my two girls. Hubby was telling me last night that we couldn't keep the before lunch schedule at the cemetery as desired by his brother. I agree knowing fully well how things are in this house. Hubby is open to our practical way of spending All Saints' Day but MIL apparently still isn't. Maybe, some things can't be changed.....

Days before I thought that MIL is also going that way as she told me that maybe we should just have lunch in our home (among hubby's siblings, the cemetery is closest from our home) and go there after lunch. I said very well and it's a most welcome news. This morning I learned about the change of plans as MIL told me that BIL and family would want to be at the cemetery before lunch and eat there. I was not surprised anymore as changes are expected with MIL's decisions.

We still have a vehicle to take care of. After all, it's our bigger vehicle and that is what we need to take to the cemetery to bring back all stuff home. Oh well, hope things turn out fine..... At this point, it wouldn't hurt to wish....

PS: Sabi sa balita, wala kaming aalalahanin ngayon undas at magiging maganda ang panahon simula kahapon hanggang ngayon. Simula kahapon hanggang ngayon ay umuulan. Isa sa mga di kaaya-ayang situasyon tuwing undas..... sigurado maputik nito.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites