Friday, November 14, 2008

Ika 15 ng Nobyembre 2008: The Great Repair

Brainchild's break...........

I woke up a little late than usual and went downstairs. All the dogs were in the garden as if waiting for their human mum to give them their breakfast. They must really think I am their mum. I am not in the mood to prepare a special treat and just gave them their usual dog food....... seven bowls in all. My helper takes care of feeding the three dogs outside. I laid down the bowls and they were let inside.....

I joined the rest of the family for our breakfast. That's how domesticated my dogs have become as men and beasts had their breakfast together...... It has been a while since we had almost the entire family having breakfast together....... almost because my eldest daughter was not with us. My two girls usually don't join us in our morning meal as they wake up late, very late in fact. But today, my middle daughter is going to her school for some group project and contracted his Dad to be her chauffeur. So she was up early, woke up her Dad and joined us for breakfast,

My eldest daughter is still sleeping and any attempt to wake her up would prove futile. We have given up on her on this. The only reason she would wake up early on a non-school day would be because of the following:

1. She had to work on a school project.
2. She will be meeting with friends (This is adjusted as to the actual time she would wake up).
3. We have a very important family affair (This one would not even be cast in stone that we have made schedules of family affairs to be as flexible as possible depending on what the affair is and who would be in that affair. Funerals and weddings would count among the must-be-on-time affairs and any prolonging tactics are met with stern warning and repeated barging in her room).

We were having breakfast when the plumber came. I went out to meet him and his assistant and asked my helper to lead them to the problem area. They started working right away and the stench enveloped the entire house. They are still at it. So far, they cleared out the drainage under the auxiliary kitchen which was flooding our service area and the powder room. They attributed it to the same cause as what happened twice in the past...... grease and food residue.,,,,,, which is directly attributable to my helpers' ways in the kitchen. Even the workers before said the same thing and my helpers were lectured on the proper way. I made a daily check after the past incidents but after some time trusted that they have learned their lessons...... but apparently not. What is it about the mentality and attitude of people we employ that they cannot do a simple job properly! No amount of motivation can make them sustain the proper way of doing the right thing. They do for some time whenever you are looking and after awhile would go back to their old ways again. Maybe, they are inconvenienced by removing all residue and just let everything go to the sink. Unfortunately, we have not installed a grease trap or automatic dish washing system which can be expensive. Maybe, it is worth the investment........ Then again, I am thinking if only our employees could love their job and provide good service. Am I asking too much?

I am afraid what they will uncover next..... The thing about problem that you don't see is it could be just the beginning and what lies underneath may be the real problem. We are facing that hard fact and are willing to uncover the mystery of our clogged drainage. They are working in the garden now and it seems our suspicion on the work rendered by our contractor is correct. There is a cut in the drainage system and it was not simply a bad job, there was intentional deceit and I guess that we need to replace the entire stretch from the garden to the garage.............. that is a really big job. To my contractor, wherever you are, I hope you stop getting projects as people like you do not deserve the license given you by your profession .......... so young yet so crooked........

PS: Kakalabas lang ng anak kong bunso sa silid aralan namin kung saan nandito ako gumagawa ng kung ano anong bagay habang tinitignan tignan ko yun gumagawa sa labas. Kanina pa tahimik yun anak ko at ni hindi naglaro ng kanyang computer games na lagi niyang ginagawa tuwing walang pasok. Medyo nagtataka ako pero di ko binigyan ng kahulugan, Marahil sabik pa sa bagong celfone na binigay ng asawa ko sa kanya..... me camera ito.

Nabigla ako na sinabi na na me sinuntok siya sa mukha na isang estudyante. Tinanong ko kung bakit dahil daw matagal na siyang inaasar ng batang ito na isa rin batang me ibang pangangailangan sa pag-aaral. Ikwinento niya na pinigilan siya ng kanilang guro na tumitingin sa kanya at nangako siya na hindi na niya uulitin. Nabagabag man ako sa ginawa ng anak ko, meron din akong nakitang maganda sa kanya. Kusa niyang sinabi sa akin bago ko pa mabasa sa diary niya. Kusa na niyang pinarusahan ang sarili sa hindi paglalaro sa computer. Dinagdagan ko ang parusang ito na tinanggap naman niya ng maayos. Kalmante na rin ang pagsasabi niya sa akin na me pagsisisisi kaya sinabi niya na hindi na niya uulitin.

Kailangan pa rin ng gabay ng anak ko at siyempre nandito naman ako palagi. Pero lagi rin tuwing me nangyayaring ganito, ipinagdadasal ko na sana nga hindi na niya ulitin ulit.....

2 comments:

yurkulmum said...

The Solution Drainage Problem - Do you have Drano available in the P.I.? You can use that once a month or if the water is not going through fast enough. Use it as a maintenance. Also, cooking oil should be avoided by pouring it in a container and dispose in the garbage. I usually wipe my pans with used napkins before I wash it in the sink. Lastly, rather expensive, boil water and pour in your sink so that the oil residue will be washed away. Just my two cents.

brainchild said...

Drano might be the same as the liquid sosa here which declogs drains. We use that from time to time..... Removing grease, old and all residue before washing dishes and pouring boiling water after washing.... putting oil in a container. The helpers know what to do but after sometime they go back to their old ways. That is what I couldn't solve. HR problem is a lot stickier.....

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites