Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ika 26 ng Nobyembre 2008: Flower and Balloon Arrangement

I set off early because of a seminar on flower and balloon arrangement, the last of my seminars for this year. I was actually late but it was a good thing that the resource persons were even more late..... They came from Dangwa and Divisoria for raw materials for this seminar.

We started with a very heavy breakfast that you would think it would be the last meal before your death sentence is carried out. When the speaker arrived, we hurriedly finished our last meal, I mean breakfast..... The resource persons buckled down to business....... The speaker explained some tips in flower and balloon arrangement. Then, flowers and other materials were distributed. One of these materials is an air pump which my son needs tomorrow for their science lab and I was just figuring out this morning where I would get it ...... and there is my son's air pump...... lucky break.

Our first project is a topiary, which is a combination of a potted flower arrangement and balloon on top. The flower arrangement is symmetrical as the flowers are evenly distributed and the pot may be viewed from any angle. We pumped air into tiny balloons and linked the balloons together until we formed back to back flower..... really cool. The balloon arrangement is set at the middle of the pot making it look like a topiary.

Our second project is an L flower arrangement which resembles ikebana. We made use of anthuriums. I also did ikebana when I was in Japan in 1995 as part of cultural immersion. I like this arrangement so much.... simple and uncluttered.

The third project is a twisted balloons. It's a group work. I just pumped air into balloons here and let my groupmates form the twisted balloons. This is supposed to be the last output but our kind resource person taught us how to make balloons inside a balloon arrangement. One blurted that she'll just bring the materials home because it's hard to bring the completed projects home. Everybody agreed and followed her lead.

After the half-day seminar, I went to the office. Why would this be just a half-day seminar!!!! Just when i was enjoying myself, I had to go back to this @$%&^&*() office!!!!!!!

PS: Pagdating ko kagabi, nakipagchat ako na isang breeder ng african love birds. Nakikipagswap siya sa akin ng love birds niya para sa shih tzu ko na ireregalo daw niya sa nanay niya. Nakita niya ang ad ko sa sulit.com.ph na maraming online na transaksiyon ang nangyayari. Meron bentahan at meron naman parang barter trade nung araw na mas kilala sa tawag na swap ngayon. Maayos naman ang naging usapan namin. Ipinakita niya ang mga ibon na ipapalit niya. Magaganda naman.... Problema ko na lang paano ko ipapalit ang shih tzu ko na napamahal na sa amin. Siguradong hindi papayag ang mga anak ko. Naiisip ko pa lang din na ibibigay ko yun aso parang naiiyak ako. Malamang walang swap na mangyari.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites