Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ika 5 ng Setyembre 2008


I woke up at around 5:00am. I slept late maybe at 1:00am while watching Blood Diamond on HBO. I have watched this film maybe four or five times but have never completed watching it. I like so much to watched the entire film. I always end up viewing portions I already watched as it always airs at a wrong time for me. Last night, I fell asleep in some scenes I have not seen. I hope to complete this film soon. It is quite engaging. I like socially-relevant film with superb acting and beautiful faces. This 2006 film which earned an Oscar nomination stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Connelly and a powerful Djimon Hounsou, and set amid the surreal chaos of an Africa in perpetual armed conflict, "Blood Diamond" attempts to be an action thriller with serious political overtones Blood diamonds, sometimes known as conflict stones, were so named in the 1990s by advocacy groups wanting to call attention to the fact that diamonds were being smuggled out of countries at war specifically to buy more arms and kill more people. This situation created millions of refugees who've never seen a diamond. The pre-empted love story between DiCaprio and Connelly also makes a refreshing contrast to the conflict in Africa. Incidentally, Jennifer Connelly is fast becoming one of my favorite actresses. She expresses well without overacting. She also starred in Beautiful Mind opposite Russel Crowe.

I did my usual thing but left earlier than usual because I have make-up class later. I took advantage of my travel time to catch up on sleep. I was in the office in no time as traffic was light.

TGIF! My friends, former co-teachers at a school in Alabang, might get together at my home tomorrow. I am looking forward to a weekend of fun, fun, and more fun.

PS: May kailangan akong tapusin na trabaho na biglang inuutos ng boss ko kahapon. ASAP daw. Ano ba yun? Asungot sa araw ng pahinga......... Nakakasira ng Biyernes ang mga ganitong bagay. Pero ito nga pala ang totoong trabaho ko. Dami ko kasing boss dito na binubusabos ako. Hay talaga naman.............

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites