Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ika 4 ng Setyembre 2008


The air is abuzz these days with the US Presidential campaign....... Obama the Democrat vs. the Republican McCain...... sounds like I am introducing two wrestlers. While working on the incomplete Math homework of my son as he was taking a bath (I had to do it hoping to find time to explain it to my son before he leaves for school), I was listening to the news on The Early Show. From this observer, the charismatic Obama appears to have taken a psychological lead over McCain. The Democrat National Convention was adjudged a success. His successful campaign broke the Hillary's campaign. The Clintons have been unfairly accused as not definitive in its support for her rival. Yet, Hillary made no mistake in her support for the Democrat's united stand for change and has thrown her support for Obama.

My son's school bus arrived as I was explaining to him how conversion of English system to Metric system of measurement works. I hope he understood my 60-second lesson on conversion even if I had to do most of the items for him. When he left, I continued listening to the news while working on our dogs. Since the announcement of her candidacy, the spotlight is now on the Republican Vice Presidential candidate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Her being a person of contrast appears to have endeared her to all those watching the US Presidential race. With her, McCain campaign's is suddenly talking. Well, maybe because the Obama's VP choice, Biden, isn't all that appealing to most of us. When pitted against an ex-beauty queen cum hunter cum hockey mom, Biden with all his credentials and even as a staunch critic of Bush's policies simply pales. Why we all love hockey moms is a big wonder to me. I know, however, that a hockey mom who could be the second in command in the most powerful nation fazes and excites me. Moms can govern!

The news on Palin though lately border more on gossip specifically on her pregnant teenage daughter, Bristol. I cannot speculate on how this will affect her votes but the pregnancy surely put spice in the stoic political arena. It's good to be reminded that Sarah Palin is as human as any of us with all our family and relationship issues.

For what it's worth and even for someone who cannot exercise my right of suffrage in this case, I have long decided as a peace-loving citizen of our global universe that my vote goes to OBAMA. I wasn't influenced by Gore, Oprah, Stevie Wonder, Anne Hathaway, and the host of celebrities endorsing Obama. I just think that war is wrong for all its rationality. As my choice for VP............. give me some more time to watch and observe this hockey mom.

I have not waver in the belief that good triumphs over evil. Today and in the days to come, this observer will always opt for peace.

PS: Natutuwa ako at napayagan ang mga estudyante ko na makinig ng sesyon sa Senado kahapon. Naging maayos naman ang pagpunta nila at matapos kong maiayos sila, bumalik na ako sa pwesto namin. Subali't humigit kumulang sa dalawang oras na paghihintay, kami ay umuwi na dahil sa isinantabi ang JPEPA para mapag-usapan ang problema sa Mindanao. Ito ay pagkatapos kaming sabihan na una ang JPEPA sa agenda. Kaya kami ay nagmadaling pumunta sa Senado.

Pagkatapos ng sesyon, nakipagkita ako sa iang kaibigan na matagal ko na rin di nakita. Masaya kaming nagbalitaan habang naghahapunan sa Rai Rai Ken.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites