Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ika 29 ng Setyembre 2008


When i went to my son's room, I felt his body and he has fever. He couldn't go to school today and I informed Manong Bus Driver. We knew since yesterday that he might miss school today. He has these wheezing cough which could trigger an asthma attack. He has overgrown it and rarely gets an attacks. We are under the weather and those feathery sprays of cogon grass that I see attached to my screen windows could have triggered my son's asthma symptoms. He's off limits to dogs and can't take cold drinks or eat sweet delights. I told him to take his medication and I had to tell my helper and MIL before leaving for work. He observes these precautions as he hates getting sick. Hopefully, he can go to school tomorrow.

My middle daughter was still home when I left. It's exams week for her. My girls were so into their review that they didn't join us in the weekend activities.

I was so busy in the weekend I didn't know that Paul Newman known for his blue eyes passed away until I read the papers today. It was reported that his death relegated the US presidential election and Wall Street's financial meltdown to second place. The icon is said to have a soft spot for the underdogs and generously contributed to charities. He also passionately opposed the Vietnam War that he became one of the enemies of President Nixon. The world is one great actor and person less.

My social calendar appears to be occupied this week. Tomorrow night, the faculty of the school where I am teaching are invited to attend the book launching of its owner-founder. I have not met her and the event will be a great opportunity to meet her finally. On Friday, we are going to have a fun day at the Makati Sports Plaza in celebration of the Civil Service Commission anniversary, I think. If this is not the event, then maybe the higher-ups think they owe it to us to give us a day off from work from the tensions they gave us. Wednesday will be a holiday being the end of Ramadan. Given my social and organizing skills, I could easily transform a holiday into a social event.

With a schedule like this, how can I work today when the social being in me is looking forward to gracing those events. Then again, I have to pinch myself if I have gone daydreaming because today we are headed to the Senate for the usual stuff. tsk tsk......

PS: Paano ba matatapos lahat ng kailangan gawin? Paano ba mababayaran lahat ng dapat bayaran? Paano ba masoosolusyunan lahat ng problema? Me sagot ba dito? Prayoridad......... pagpupursige.......... Lahat naman tayo iniisip na ginagawa na natin ito. Pero di matapos tapos ang mga dapat tugunan. Sabagay kung matapos, para saan pa ang buhay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uupo ako sa harap ng monitor para magsulat pero tatlong oras na ang nakaran di ko parin nasisimulan ang isusulat ko dahil nakapagbasa na ako ng isang daang pahina ng iba't ibang blog. minsan talaga kailangan kong iprayoritays ang buhay ko, salamat sa paalala.

brainchild said...

ganyan nga rin ako Mahalia..... ang aming distractios, ang daming disruptions..... wala tuloy matapos minsan at matatambak na gagawin kalaunan.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites