Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ika 3 ng Setyembre 2008


Days seem so long at the start of the month but pass quickly towards month's end. That's how these days feel to me lately...... so slow. I will hardly notice the passing of time until it is another month or another year. We are oblivious to the changing of seasons until the change is apparent. We hardly notice our surroundings............... the shrub that threatens to overtake our gardens, the plant that beckons to be the tree, even the trash left by the road which threatens to be a garbage problem or the factory smoke that will be the air we will soon breathe. Vacations easily give way to the school day or work day and vice versa. Things happen like clockwork.

Today I went to work at the appointed time to sow my seed and reap it soon. Maybe, I will never completely comprehend the meaning of labor but I know that I should labor to earn my keep. And this point can never be belabored.

Even as some days seem so long, there is always something to look forward to at the end of the day.......... the smell of my garden, sitting under the tree, puppies jumping at my feet, and a child planting a kiss on the cheek of a downtrodden, hard at work laborer who has just sown her seed to reap its fruit at the end of the season.

PS: Ikatlong araw ng sesyon ng Senado para sa JPEPA. Huling araw ng pagtatanong ngayon linggo. Sabi ni Senador Enrile halos tapos na siya sa pagtatanong na nasagot naman ni Senador Roxas ng sapat pero me mga ibang senador pa na magtatanong. Malapit na kaya ang umaga?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites