Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ika 17 ng Setyembre 2008


Make decisions from the heart and use your head to make it work out.

With only one child at home, home wasn't buzzing with pleasant noises. I arrived late last night and my son was asleep. So was hubby. I ate alone while watching CSI NY. I checked my son's stuff. No homework but there will be quizzes on Math and Science today. I just hope he studied. He was proudly telling me one time that he got only one mistake in a Science quiz. He also has an exposure trip and we got this reminder in his diary that today is the deadline for payment.

I told him he has quizzes in Math and Science when he woke up and he replied yes. So I would just assume he studied. Everything was routine and he came down just as his bus arrived.

I still had to take care of some things at home. A buyer of our birds also came to pick them up. I hurriedly prepared for work and left home. I was texting my middle daughter who was coming home today from her retreat on my way to work. I was belatedly informed that she isn't coming home straight but would still go to the mall with her classmates to eat out. I told her to bring her classmates home for lunch. But apparently, three of these classmates are spending their birthdays. Hmmmmmm.........

Today's headline news are not all that pretty...... "World markets plunge", "Panic selling grips world markets", "US crisis hits RP banks". The shake-up of the US financial system with the Lehman Brothers filing for bankruptcy and Merrill Lynch's sales to Bank of America caused widespread financial turmoil for Asian and Europe stock markets. AIG, the world's largest insurance company is also in trouble. This crisis is unprecedented in recent years and we might be looking into another great depression as what happened in the 1930s. So help us God. We should pray for the world economy as a whole because fortunately or unfortunately individual economies have been so intertwined that events shaping one economy affects the rest...... and the US is a world shaper whether we like it or not.

PS: Napasama yata yun pagmamadali kong gumawa ng pagsusulit kahapon at nahirapan masyado yun mga estudyante ko sa pagsususlit na yon. Panay reklamo ang narinig ko. Me punto na nairita na nga ako. Bibigyan ko rin naman sila ng pagkakataon makabawi. Leksiyon din naman sa akin bilang isang guro ang mga ganyan hinaing ng estudyante. Hindi na kasi pwede ngayon yun nakasanayan ng mga kagenerasyon ko na kinatatakutan ang mga guro. Dapat nakikipag-ugnay na rin ngayon sa mga estudyante sa pamamagitan ng bukas na komunikasyon pata maging makabuluhan ang edukasyon.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites