Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ika 11 ng Setyembre 2008

A stormy Thursday morning....... When I went to my son's room, he immediately jumped out of bed. He learned his lesson when he was left by his school bus yesterday. He wasn't fuzzy as he ate breakfast and went back to his room to prepare himself. He was downstairs ready for school in no time. He watched cartoons on TV while waiting for his bus. I kept reminding him about his test later. I guess this unpleasant things have to happen for him to realize his priorities.

My middle daughter also reminded me about their PTA tomorrow. I wonder how'd I manage my schedule tomorrow. I will be holding make-up class for my missed Tuesday class. I need to be at the office early. I hope hubby pitches in. Will he?

Yesterday, the Senate session was canceled due to Typhoon Marce. Some offices including the Senate sent their employees home. Some classes were suspended. I was kinda hoping work gets suspended today;) How nice it is to spend the day curled up in bed with a book or watching TV. My daughter switched the TV channel to the news station while waiting for her school bus in the hope of getting the good news. But my wish and probably my daughter's wish as well were not granted. The rain was pouring when I went out of the house. Traffic was light and I was in the office soon.

After battling Cuba, Hurricane Ike threatens Texas and residents are being evacuated to safer grounds. Hurricane Ike shares the same name as Typhoon Ike which is known as one of the deadliest typhoons to ever hit the Philippines. Up to 3,000 deaths are attributed to this event in 1984, alongside staggering numbers of homeless. Let's pray for safety of all in the face of these weather disturbances here at home and in other parts of the globe as well as relief for typhoon victims.

PS: Kahit bumabagyo, me mga kababayan tayo na kailangan maghanap buhay. Kasama nga pala ako dun. Pero meron mga tao na kailangan kumayod kahit na malagay sa alanganin ang buhay o kalusugan nila. At nitong maulan na araw na ito, napagtuunan ko ng pansin ang mga nagtitinda sa kalye ng kung ano-anong bagay. Karamihan pagkain ang tinda. Me nagtitinda ng sigarilyo at dyaryo. Meron nagtitinda ng laruan na helicopter. Isa sa mga ito ang maingat na inaayos ang tinda niyang barquillos na tinalian niya sa dulo isa-isa at inipon yun tali sa isang dulo sa pamamagitan ng maliit na kahoy. Tinalian niya ang mga barquillos para maging isang bungkos ngunit maluwag lamang para hindi madurog ang mga ito. Bukod dito me tinda siyang chichirya. Bago siya sumabak sa bentahan, nilagyan niya ng bimpo ang leeg niya na inipit ang dulo sa t-shirt niya. Nagsuot din ito ng cap para makompleto ang porma. Ito marahil ang proteksiyon niya sa ulan. Maingat niyang binitbit ang mga paninda at sumabak na sa gitna ng kalye para ilako ang mga tinda niya. Isa sa mga nagtitindang ito ay halos parang sari-sari store na..... me tindang dyaryo, chichiria, at barquillos na binabalanse sa dalawang kamay at braso. Nakakamangha panoorin kung paano magsikap ang mga kababayan natin para mabuhay ng marangal. Tapos, pagsasamantalahan pa ng mga autoridad minsan ang maliit nilang kita.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites