Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ika 25 ng Setyembre 2008


Thursday..... one more day......

I was having breakfast when I learned that my son was left by the school bus during dismissal. That piece of news immediately made my acids act up. I also don't have a good appetite lately and my breakfast was ruined. I was asking why and he wasn't answering. It could probably be his fault. He called home and my helper fetched him. I decided that I would talk to Manong Bus Driver and was even egged upon by MIL. MIL told me my son cried when my helper reached his school .....the more pity I felt for my son. I was not sure how I would react in front of Manong who is a fairly reasonable person.

This brought back memories as the same thing happened to my eldest daughter, then a pre-schooler, who was left by her bus. I was in Japan that time for a six-month language study program. That news made me want to fly back home pronto. I pictured my baby crying all alone and the fear that could have gripped the heart of a five-year old. Nothing untoward happened as the bus returned to fetch her but thinking about it made me cringed...... and I was far from home. Hubby switched to a smaller school bus service because of this incident.

I also had the same experience as a pre-schooler. The person that my mom sent to fetch me was late. In a pre-schooler's mind, I should be going home at that time. We usually walk home from school and I would recall the route to be just a straight path turning right at the end of the long road passing by a railroad and then turning left at the end of that road, a few more steps and it's home. My fear and anxiety caused me to take a chance in going home alone. I cautiously took that first few steps to go out our school and continued with a fast pace on that straight route. I was almost at the end of the road and about to cross a busy street when I got confused and started to cry. Some people noticed and went to pacify me asking me about my address which I have memorized. I was crying as I was reciting to them my address. These people accompanied me back to school and tread with me the path that I know. We were able to trace my home and my mother thanked these people who helped bring me home safely. Back then, parents were not worried sick that some strangers would take away a lost child and never come back. We were aware some strangers could be bad but it was not a rule not to talk to strangers. I would get lost another time in Luneta Park as my siblings and I were chasing each other in a play. Again, I would cry when I lost track of my playmates and some strangers would help me find my family.

Soon, my son's school arrived and I called for him to hurry up or Manong might leave him again. I was at the door waiting for Manong to go out the bus. When he did, I mentioned the incident in a nice tone and asked why he didn't even call to inform us. He said that he returned to the school for my son and the other student but my son told him that our helper would fetch him. Manong's explanation is plausible ...... my son and another bus rider wandered off for a long time and the other student-riders were getting anxious as one had a tutoring session. He assured me that nothing bad would happen because he stays in the school after bringing his riders home. He also said that it could also teach them a lesson...... and he is right. My son has been diligent about being ready in time for the arrival of his school bus since Manong left him one morning.

Home is where the heart is.....
as the popular saying goes. On this Thursday, that's the desire of my heart. And I hope nothing gets in the way of getting home tonight. Like a lost child, I would trace the safety of home whenever I go astray.

PS: Malapit na matapos ang klase at ang dami pang gawain na nakakasira ng talatakdaan. Malapit na naman gawaan ng marka ng mga estudyante....... Bilang isang guro gusto ko na pumasa lahat ng estudyante ko. Me mga estudyante na akala ay libangan ng mga guro ang manlagpak. Lingit sa kaalaman nila, masakit din gawin ng isang guro ang ganito dahil isa itong kabiguan para sa amin. Subalit kailangan gawin minsan para maging aral at gabay sa mas mataas na antas ng buhay.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites