Monday, March 16, 2009

Ika 17 ng Marso 2009: Domestic Matters

As I was preparing for work earlier, I was watching Rachel Ray's feature on facial acupuncture to make wrinkles less visible and for better skin tone. I am no fan of invasive procedure and would rather seek alternative medicines particularly on the vanity aspect...... like I can easily feel the benefit that a good massage brings...... Aside from the overall well-being, one gets that glow from being well-rested. In the past, I was willing to try acupuncture for a constant pain in my right lower arm except that I did not have the luxury of time. That is why I was interested in this feature. Janet Tsai, a licensed acupuncturist, would perform a facial acupuncture on Rachel during the show. I hope that this kind of treatment would be accessible here soon and that would be in the milieu of services that my friend, V..... and I would try during bouts of spa fever attacks.

My TV viewing would be interrupted by a gentle knock on my door. It was my helper asking me if she can take the day off. I asked why because I wasn't cool about the idea as there are a gazillion things that need to be done. She said that she will go to a friend. "Why today?", I asked. She rationalized that once my other helper takes her vacation, she could no longer take a day off. Given that, I was left with no choice. I told her to finish her work before going to her friend. I had to tell her too to be prudent about taking days off since they always go out every weekend.

My other helper who has not had a vacation for the last three years is finally taking her vacation. She vows she will return. But you know the feeling...... that there is always uncertainty in such promise. There is no recourse but to hope for the best. She needs to go home too to visit her family. She was so young when she first set foot in the house to work for us. Now, she's all grown up. It's time for her family to get reunited with her.

She was supposed to start her vacation in the weekend but learned that trips to their province is scheduled only from Tuesday to Thursday. She decided to leave on Thursday. My God, she even shortened the gap from normalcy to madness for me. I find it hard when she's out of the house because she is the main caretaker of the dogs. Without people at home, the dogs are the ones who need care. My other helper does the laundry and is not keen about dogs. They help each other out on cooking and cleaning the house. My boy helper is responsible for the birds and the outside premises. When one of them is away, I am the substitute helper.......

A contingency plan was devised last night. The helper who would be left will be in charge of the dogs and cleaning the house while the other one is away. Our boy helper would also help out in caring for the dogs. I offered to have the clothes laundered in a laundry shop or get MIL's assistant as temporary laundrywoman. I also asked our boy helper to skip his regular weekly day off while the my two helpers take their turns in vacationing in their home provinces. I told MD to help around the house. Maybe, ED can help too although she is is not really the type who can be depended on when it comes to housechores. She can't even make her bed! MIL can also do the cooking once she is back from BIL's home. I hope it all works out fine. Otherwise, I am gonna breakdown......

I went to work today feeling uneasy about this summer disruptions. Good for them, they have vacations. I don't get any breaks from all this madness....... and I need a vacation too.......

PS: Nagbus na ako kanina para mapadali ang byahe ko. Wala kasing sasakyan sa terminal at mukang matatagalan. Nitong mga nakaraang araw, ang tagal ng hintayan ng shuttle dahil sa traffic. Sa sakayan ng bus, hindi nauubusan ng bus. Mabilis naman napuno ang bus.

Nung paalis na yun bus na sinasakyan ko, napansin ko ang isang karatula na nagsasabing, "All buses leaving this terminal are accompanied by a PNP bus marshal." Ah di ligtas pala kami, naisip ko. Minsan kasi kaya ayaw kong sumakay ng bus ay dahil natatakot ako sa hold-up. Maging hadlang kaya ang inpormasyong ito sa mga holdaper?

Pero malamang, hindi sa mga matitinik na isnatcher na naghihintay ng mga inaantok o tatanga-tangang pasahero na gaya ko na nakuhanan ng celfone ng isang isnatcher na me edad na babe na tadtad ng palamuti nang makatulog ako sa bus minsan. Hindi ako tanga, inaantok lang talaga. Simula noon ay doble ingat ang gingawa ko tuwing sasakay ng bus. Mapili na rin ako sa mga katabi ko. Hindi lang mababantot ang iniiwasan ko, pati na rin yun mga mukang mandurukot. Pasensiya na kung mali ang suspetsa ko. Mabuti na ang maingat.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites