Friday, March 6, 2009

Ika 7 ng Marso 2009: Change of Plan

After a long thought, I decided not to follow my friends to Macau. Dayap's sister and cousin left yesterday and she is by her lonesome again. I kinda feel lonely for her. We planned out our day. I informed my friend who must be enroute to Macau that I would stay with Dayap until our departure tomorrow.

We set out early as there are numerous destination. First stop is Central to shop for my brother's model kit. We searched for my brother's model kit in this hobby shop in the mall..........Unfortunately, we couldn't find the model he wants. Dayap said it's the only hobby shop she knows. That's where she bought my brother's model kit whenever I asked her to buy it in the past. We looked at alternative models, half-guessing what he would like. I was worried though that he might have these models already. I decided to text him. We waited some time ...... but got no answer. I told Dayap that I would just email her in case my brother would like any of the models we chose. We left and went to IKEA in Shatin via a double decker bus.

Reaching Shatin, we passed by a quaint area that looks like a blast from the past. Dayap inquired on the price of two huge white jars from a shopkeeper. The place was lined up with small roadside eateries like those you see in old Chinese movies. It is a charming place with old structures and antique stuffs. A few blocks away is IKEA, my kind of store.... My heart was pounding as we entered the store. As soon as we entered, I lost my control as I bought the first item on sale I saw...... nice doormats for the bathrooms. We toured the entire area which is not so short and found some more useful items for the home. Dayap picked some items herself.... We paid our treasure finds at the check-out counters.

As one goes out, a hotdog kiosk coming into view would be hard to resist. We have not had lunch...... and people were lining up for the hotdogs....it must be good..... Dayap got us hotdogs, chips, and drinks.........Oh boy, those were indeed juicy hotdogs..... I was reminded of the hotdogs I had while I was in Japan. Why do they have such juicy and good-tasting hotdogs?

After finishing our hotdogs, we went back to Dayap's place to unload our stuff. We freshened up and set out once again. We are headed for Mongkok to buy pasalubongs from the street hawkers. Well, that's the only thing I can afford. It is the thought that counts, right?

It was dark when we reached Mongkok. We decided to take dinner before shopping at one of the roadside resto. We ordered minced pork rice toppings and botchoy with some sauce and had tea. It was good...... we ate our toppings in one swoop. I just love Chinese food!

After dinner, we went window shopping at houseware stores in Mongkok. I was so tempted to buy a decorative plant which would look cool in our powder room. It's quite cheap.... but I was thinking it might be confiscated at the airport. I decided not to buy anymore. I quickly did my shopping. We were done in a few minutes..... quite a feat.

From Mongkok, we got confused on which way to go to our hotel. Dayap and I were running the streets. Finally, we asked somebody which way we should go. We debated on which side a chosen landmark near the hotel is located. In the end, we still cannot agree on the terms of reference. Patience was running thin as it was getting late. Dayap also wanted to go home early because she had to work on the presentation material for their Church.

Reaching the hotel, I hurriedly picked up all my stuff and checked out from the hotel. I left a note for my friends as I had not heard from them since they left for Macau. A rude front desk male receptionist would scold me for causing their filthy desk whatever that is to be out of position like his life depended on it. He probably is gay and he and his gay lover just broke up........ Good for him, I was not in the mood to fight. After clearing out, we hurriedly left the hotel.

We took a bus going back to Dayap's place. As soon as we arrived, Dayap did her laundry. I went straight to the laptop and blogged while checking my mail. Pandemonium was on. We watched that for sometime. I guess Dayap was still out of sync that she retired early. I tried to stay as long as I can until sleepiness crept in. I went to my room and curled up in bed. The temperature dropped further...... it was cold.... but I love it......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites