Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ika 25 ng Marso 2009: Early to Work

MS's graduation has been a source of confusion this week. This morning he said that their graduation will be held on Friday. I received a letter from the school saying that graduation will be tomorrow. All members of the family have prepared for tomorrow's event. When I was clarifying things with him, he was nonchalant about the whole thing and does not even know what they are supposed to wear...... Gosh, he's the only graduating student I know who doesn't seem excited about the prospect of turning another leaf in his life.

When Manong Bus Driver came, I had to seek information. Luckily, one of his busmates who is also a graduating student gave me the right information...... and so graduation is still on tomorrow. That means my planned leave will push through.

That event also made me rearranged my life this week. This is the reason why I had to come to Makati early today. I have a make-up class for my missed subject last week and another one tonight.

I was up very early and even had time to give some treats to the dogs. As I left the house, I passed by neighbors cleaning up their surroundings. That is not usual for me because by the time I pass the neighborhood houses, their surroundings have been cleaned. The shuttle terminal would still be inside the village at that time and supply of shuttle service is greater than the demand of riders...... so it was a buyers' market. The riders would hardly build up a line as there are far too many vans than the people coming in that early. Perhaps, many of us are really late risers.

The van I was riding would slowly weave its way out of the village. I noticed the sunlight softly filtering through the glass windows...... not harsh like the one I am exposed to at my usual time. It gives a nice and soft warmth that make the view so pleasing to the eyes. Everything was unrushed. Even the driver was driving in a relaxed pace. Traffic was beginning to build up and yet my nerves remain unfrayed in contrast to my daily pandemonium. I have long known the advantage of being early and yet I still can't make a lifestyle change.In this state, I would be lulled to sleep. Now, that was where I had my first problem this morning. My legs are too long and my knees were practically embedded on the backrest of the seat in front of me. My body is also too long for the backrest...... that when I rest my head on top of it, my neck felt like it will break. That's one thing about being tall. People with shorter torso can rest really well during the trip. I can't.... that's why I prefer sitting on a seat with a headrest..... Unfortunately, I don't always have that choice. For most of the trip, I slept with my head swaying all over.

As we reached Makati, it was so early for my scheduled class at 9:00am. I was thinking of dropping off my stuff first at the office. I told myself I'd make a decision when I reach my destination. Then we hit a snag.... traffic began to be snail pace as we reached the heart of the city where I am headed. By the time I reached my destination, I would be late if I still go to the office. I decided against it and went straight to school. I was 30 minutes early. I was afraid there was nobody at the school. The door was lock. I sat at the lounging chair and thought I could just wait. It's just 30 minutes..... until our administrative assistant emerged and opened the door.

With just the two of us in school and my students still nowhere, I turned on the computer and checked on my mails and as I prepared my materials for today's lessons. The day will be long...... but I am up to the challenge today.......

PS: Kagabi, naiwan ko ang celfone ko sa eskwelahan dahil siguro sa antok ko. Maaga natapos ang klase ko at nakauwi din ako agad. Sa pagkakaalam ko ipinasok ko sa bag ko ang celfone. Nalaman ko lang na hindi ng hanapin ko ito sa loob ng sasakyan para magtext sa asawa ko na hintayin ako para hindi na ako maglakad. Kinapa kapa ko sa bag ko pero di ko mahanap. Nangyayari naman ito madalas na yun hinahanap mo ang siyang sumisiksik sa pinakailalim at pinakamahirap makita. Inilabas ko ang gamit sa loob ng bag ng unti-unti. Nakakaistorbo din kasi sa katabi ko sa sasakyan. Halos nailabas ko na lahat ng gamit ay di ko pa nakita. Baka nga naiwan ko, naisip ko. sana nga naiwan ko na lang at di nadukot sa kin o nahulog. Wala naman taong lumapit sa kin at wala naman akong narinig na bumagsak. Pag dating ko sa bahay, pinatawagan ko sa anak ko...... ring lang ng ring. Me pag-asa pa na naiwan ko. Wala na siguro tao........... Kaninang umaga, pinatawagan ko sa asawa ko.... ganon pa rin ring ng ring.

Pag dating ko sa eskwelahan, tinanong ko sa administrative assistant namin. Salamat at itinago nila. Yan ang maganda sa isang maliit na paaralan, para ka lang nasa bahay. At kung me maiwan ka malaki ang pag-asa na makita ito. Sa isang malaking paaralan kung san nagturo ako noong araw, me ilang mahalagang bagay na nawala sa akin sa loob mismo ng faculty room namin. Hindi ba nakakataka na nangyayari ang nakawan sa isang institutsyon na nagtuturo ng pagiging tapat at sa loob ng kwarto na puno ng mga tagpagturo?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites