Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ika 22 ng Marso 2009: With One Less Hands

Brainchild's break..........

I knew early on that today is going to be another busy day. I wanted to take things in stride though. I started the work yesterday changing the bed linens which left me so beat up. I decided the rest of the chores can be done the following day..... that is today. I also had a birthday dinner to attend yesterday evening. But first things first. I went to mass with hubby, the kids, and MIL and from there proceeded to meet my friends at Racks in Festival Mall.

There were only three of us celebrating as one of our friends is in the US. It was a happy occasion nonetheless. Why wouldn't it be if there is free dinner to go with the chit-chat? Kidding aside, that company is good any time of the day, any day of the week. We always have a good laugh each we meet up. Who wouldn't enjoy the company of two intelligent, unassuming, and funny ladies whose interests parallel mine. We also happened to belong in the same profession. We were former faculty members of the old school. Only one of us remained with that school. She serves as our link to the past and our other friends there and can be counted on to update us on the latest rumors. We had a filling dinner. I ordered baby back ribs. It was good but I am really trying to cut down on meat. My two friends ordered the beef ribs. I didn't like the aftertaste and craved for dessert after dinner. Instead of having desserts there, we went to Seattle's Best to give in to our sweet tooth. The birthday celebrant ordered butterscotch. I wanted the same but had to changed it to double fudge because she was accusing me of imitating her. My other friend ordered banana cake. I also had mint tea. With dessert and tea, we whiled the night away. We left the place around 11pm when the service crew were taking turns eyeing us as we made our corner our very own private place.

That night out, however, was responsible for ruining my sked for today. I was supposed to wake up early, go to the market as there is a big day ahead of me. I had to bathe all the dogs after a week of treatment with herbs. That means a good cleaning up. Oh well, hubby said we should go to the market. We had breakfast with MS and left to buy food from our favorite grocer. We bought all the stuff we need which include meat, seafoods, and veggies; bread, and fruits.

When we reached home, I helped unload the food items. Then I changed into a more appropriate attire, my rags, to start my dog bath time. First, I fed them their daily dose of fruits..... mangoes and ponkan today. I let them soil themselves and enjoy being dogs. MS helped me in the task and our boy helper who was doing some chores was within reach in case we need something. MS enjoyed training the water hose on the dogs and putting them in a tub of lukewarm water. Bathing was over in no time. I told MS to take a bath as I took over the rest of the task..... grooming which include ear cleaning, cutting on the matts, nail cutting, and brushing their coat. MS would tell me that my brother and his family are on the way to the house when he resumed his computer play in the study. Our boy helper helped on the larger dogs. It was way past lunch time when I finished all the dogs.

I joined the family in the lunch table. Soon, my brother and his family arrived and would have a late lunch. I took a bath after lunch and rest awhile while waiting for the new owner of one of the pups. He arrived shortly and I would entrust to him the pup giving last minute instructions. The rest of the day, we just bonded with my brother's family. I even asked my brother to chopped some dried branches and we could have a little bonfire. MD would remind me it's bad for the environment. I keep orange peelings and dry them and would occasionally burn them together with some dry leaves and branches. A neem tree beside our house was nearly murdered by a former handy man and now the top part is all dried up. The bottom trunk has new growth.

I just arrived after driving my brother and his family to the jeepney terminal and bringing the dirty clothes to the laundry. I guess this is going to be my life for the next two weeks.....

PS: Pasukan na naman bukas. Kailangan pumasok at di na ako pwede mag-absent at maraming puputahan kami nitong bakasyon. Hay katamad!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites