Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ika 20 ng Marso 2009: Looking Forward

My helper is definitely gone when hubby and I arrived last night. She texted that she is already on board. I wished her a safe voyage and told her to text me once she reaches her destination. That would be quite a long voyage and it's the first time she is traveling alone. There's a piece of bad news........ her return is delayed by three more days because the schedule of departure is limited to two dates. The other one is way too far ahead. Anyway, it is still better than not returning at all. I just hope this is the whole truth and nothing but the truth....

My other helper seemed to be coping well. Food was ready last night. ED and MD were upstairs doing their own thing. MS was sleeping when we arrived. The dogs were in their kennel, all quiet, and started barking only when they saw me. I had to pet all of them so they will calm down. This morning I had to wake her up to cook. It's a good thing that the morning pandemonium is now at a manageable level with only MS attending school for graduation practices and ED only fulfilling term requirements. MD is at home vegging out. I told her to help out at home while my helper is on vacation. So far, my appeal has fallen on deaf ears. Let's see about that this weekend.......

After leaving my usual reminders to my boy helper, I left the house. It was another sunny day. There was no van at the terminal and a long queue of people. I headed out to take the jeepney to go to Alabang. As we reached Alabang, the driver was apprehended by a traffic enforcer when he unloaded passengers. There were other vehicles unloading passengers but lucky him, he was picked. When it became apparent their negotiations and sensory communication as to yielding the customary bribe would take longer than expected, I got off. I'd like to curse as I walked under the scorching sun. After a kilometer walk, I reached the bus terminal and got inside a filthy bus with a badly-operating air-conditioner. I console myself thinking this is not going to take long. Then the bus conductor put on a VCD of karaoke music of a singer with a bad hairdo and music I hate..... well, not all of his song anyway. But when I saw him playing his guitar and singing and jerking on some parts for effects, I began hating all his songs. Traffic was at a snail pace until we reached the Skyway. I was thinking I will be liberated soon.

I got off at my destination hurrying to reached the office on time. There was a few minutes left. Even with my best effort and intention, I ended up late by a few minutes on this Friday. Oh well, it could have been worse if I waited for a van at our shuttle terminal.

The office is doing 5S today, a structured programme to implement workplace organisation and standardisation, which motivates people, improves safety (product safety as well as working conditions), efficiency and productivity. 5S ,however, would only be scratching the surface of the problem of this office. Clearing up is just a superficial approach to unearthing what lies beneath. And I don't want to even think about that as I have a weekend to look forward to.......

PS: Tinawagan ako ng isang kaibigan na matagal ko nang di nakita kahapon. Nagbalitaan kami tungkol sa buhay-buhay. Niyayaya niya kami ng isa pa naming kaibigan na pumunta ng Baguio. Kami lang daw. Girls' Day Out ba. Ok lang sana kaso nataon sa pag-alis namin mag-anak sa susunod na buwan. Pagdating namin, siya naman ang aalis. Di kami makabuo ng lakad.

Napagkayarian namin na magpunta na lang sa isang spa mamaya. Magrerelax daw kami. Maganda daw sa spa na yun at kompleto......... me jacuzzi at sauna. Kasama na rin daw sa bayad na reasonable naman ang shabu-shabu na eat all you can pa. At di tulad ng ibang spa na gigisingin ka matapos ang serbisyo, hahayaan ka daw matulog para sa isang completong pagrerelax. Excited na ako mamaya.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites